• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SFT & GDE Comparison

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Not sure what your asking? But they did do updates to their software
Gotcha, Maybe that was early on? I have had mine installed for quite a while and can't see why I would need service from them. It should work as long as it is installed in my truck as far as I know unless it got flashed over.
I am neither condemning or praising them just wondering.

biggrits21

Nov 24, 2019
Truck Year
Gotcha, Maybe that was early on? I have had mine installed for quite a while and can't see why I would need service from them. It should work as long as it is installed in my truck as far as I know unless it got flashed over.
I am neither condemning or praising them just wondering.
Right . I live in California I think GDE stopped shipping to California in early 2016 so from that ponit in we were stuck with what we had .Other states could still get stuff shipped to them at that time.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Right . I live in California I think GDE stopped shipping to California in early 2016 so from that ponit in we were stuck with what we had .Other states could still get stuff shipped to them at that time.
I believe CARB stopped GDE in Califunny about mid 2018.

And for Shadows question about questions. They did have updates, questions about problems, throwing codes, about their transmission tune, about selling a GDE tuned ECU, about tune features, and I've seen other posters asking GDE for advice on a myriad of things. The list of performance questions is nearly endless.

biggrits21

Nov 24, 2019
Truck Year
I believe CARB stopped GDE in Califunny about mid 2018.

And for Shadows question about questions. They did have updates, questions about problems, throwing codes, about their transmission tune, about selling a GDE tuned ECU, about tune features, and I've seen other posters asking GDE for advice on a myriad of things. The list of performance questions is nearly endless.
I bought my truck new in may 15 put 12,000 miles on it then bought the GDE tune so it was in 2016 . Yes John is Right . I just know I tried update my ecm and when I called they told they couldnt so I send them a email telling them how I felt. Lol

John

Nov 13, 2015
I bought my truck new in may 15 put 12,000 miles on it then bought the GDE tune so it was in 2016 . Yes John is Right . I just know I tried update my ecm and when I called they told they couldnt so I send them a email telling them how I felt. Lol
Are you saying you sent an email to CARB?

biggrits21

Nov 24, 2019
Truck Year
Are you saying you sent an email to CARB?
Hell no. I didnt even reply to that stupid email GDE sent everyone wanting us to fill out something and send it back. I just deleted it. I emailed GDE . I learned along time ago never fill out nothing if it could be used against you.

biggrits21

Nov 24, 2019
Truck Year
Hell no. I didnt even reply to that stupid email GDE sent everyone wanting us to fill out something and send it back. I just deleted it. I emailed GDE . I learned along time ago never fill out nothing if it could be used against you.
Also I am the one who got kicked off the other ram form for telling Keith I wanted to put my foot in his ***