• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Started Buyback

Upsidedowncowboy

Feb 4, 2020
Truck Year
My question is if it's worth it to take the hit on the trade in value - which is offset by the $3075 settlement- and move on to a Hemi without the continuing problems of the ecodiesel.

dana06

Mar 10, 2020
Truck Year
My '15 Laramie Eco put me on the side of the road with an overheated engine in Nov. with an EGR coolant leak. I have now passed the 30 day mark with the truck at the dealer. I called FCA to start the buyback procedure so will chronicle my adventure.
Called the cust service line and told the first person what I wanted to do. She started to argue with me right away telling me the parts aren't available and I would need to wait. I told her I knew that and I wanted to start the buyback - "Well there are no guarantees that it will happen". I read her the part in consent decree where it's clearly spelled out. She said all she could do is set me up with a rental and I would need to wait. I told her I already had a loaner, thanked her and did a HUCA.
The next agent answered, I told her what I wanted to do and she asked if I could hold. A few minutes later, she comes back with a case # and tells me it has been escalated and I will get a call back from a supervisor in a couple days.
I will give the supervisor 1 chance and see how this is going to progress. If I don't get a warm and fuzzy, I will call the class action attorney and turn it over to them.
More to follow.
Who is the class action atty for this?

CaptainMorgan

Oct 2, 2019
Truck Year
Has no one done a full delete on their Eco-diesel? I have seen kits for it online, and places that offer a reprogramming service for the ECM. Seems like that would take care of all the problems of the EGR,DEF, and Regen. Just curious?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Has no one done a full delete on their Eco-diesel? I have seen kits for it online, and places that offer a reprogramming service for the ECM. Seems like that would take care of all the problems of the EGR,DEF, and Regen. Just curious?

Of course they have, it's just illegal and voids warranty.. so you'll have a lot of users that want to keep what little warranty they have because you MIGHT still need it even if the truck is tuned/deleted.

CaptainMorgan

Oct 2, 2019
Truck Year
Of course they have, it's just illegal and voids warranty.. so you'll have a lot of users that want to keep what little warranty they have because you MIGHT still need it even if the truck is tuned/deleted.
If a person bought a new ECM and had it programmed, swapping back for warranty issues would be rather easy. As far as the legal standpoint, Not really sure how that would go. I'm not a lawyer. If you don't have emission testing required in your area, not sure anyone would ever know you deleted it. I guess I'm more intrested in the proformance ganes.\

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
If a person bought a new ECM and had it programmed, swapping back for warranty issues would be rather easy. As far as the legal standpoint, Not really sure how that would go. I'm not a lawyer. If you don't have emission testing required in your area, not sure anyone would ever know you deleted it. I guess I'm more intrested in the proformance ganes.\

Plenty of gains, check out this forum: https://www.ecodieselram.com/forum/forums/ecodiesel-performance.28/

dana06

Mar 10, 2020
Truck Year
My question is if it's worth it to take the hit on the trade in value - which is offset by the $3075 settlement- and move on to a Hemi without the continuing problems of the ecodiesel.
I’m wondering the same thing. I heard the 2020 eco was the one!!!!

needgeech

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
So I have a 2016 Ram Ecodiesel Limited and the NADA says that it's around $29,000 for trade in and the best offer that I've had is $24,500 and the guy told me over the phone that it has to do with there not being a fix to the VB1 Recall.

It's been several months since you post, but wondering if you ever got a better trade in offer?? I have a 16 Limited as well

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Off thread a little but my local dealer sent me a “for sale” post card with my trucks info saying they would buy it for 21k, it’s a 2014 with 146k. Not sure if they’re tired of trying to get me in for recalls or if they want me to get my eco off the road but I’m not doing it

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its just marketing hype to get in the door. I would throw it in the recycle bin ASAP.

Ralieb

Oct 23, 2020
Truck Year
My '15 Laramie Eco put me on the side of the road with an overheated engine in Nov. with an EGR coolant leak. I have now passed the 30 day mark with the truck at the dealer. I called FCA to start the buyback procedure so will chronicle my adventure.
Called the cust service line and told the first person what I wanted to do. She started to argue with me right away telling me the parts aren't available and I would need to wait. I told her I knew that and I wanted to start the buyback - "Well there are no guarantees that it will happen". I read her the part in consent decree where it's clearly spelled out. She said all she could do is set me up with a rental and I would need to wait. I told her I already had a loaner, thanked her and did a HUCA.
The next agent answered, I told her what I wanted to do and she asked if I could hold. A few minutes later, she comes back with a case # and tells me it has been escalated and I will get a call back from a supervisor in a couple days.
I will give the supervisor 1 chance and see how this is going to progress. If I don't get a warm and fuzzy, I will call the class action attorney and turn it over to them.
More to follow.
Wow, california dealer did a egr replace in 7 days, thought I was treated bad over heated in middle no had to get it towed, then engine started choking and shuddering, they put brand new engine in after 3 weeks failed diagnoses. Started fca complaint told them I want 5k for suffering and 7 year max care warranty/no deductible, plus 3 free oil changes. They said yes to everything but the oil changes, right now doing back and forth on oil changes. Week 1 on the new engine, I think I gave them great deal vs vehicle replacement

Ralieb

Oct 23, 2020
Truck Year
I contacted one of the attorney's that deals with it and she was really helpful. Her name was Allie and she's out of San Francisco. Her contact number is (415)956-1000.
Hey google lemon law lawyer for your State, most will give you free consult, lot of dodge issues out there

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its NOT Dodge or Ram, Its VM Motori Fiat is were the the problem lies.

dana06

Mar 10, 2020
Truck Year
Hey google lemon law lawyer for your State, most will give you free consult, lot of dodge issues out there
My truck has been one mess after another.
My engine blew up a year after and anything and everything has gone wrong ever since.
I think it’s time to call lemon law attorney .
Anyone besides the one in San Francisco?
I live in Ca., Tulare County.

dana06

Mar 10, 2020
Truck Year
My truck has been one mess after another.
My engine blew up a year after and anything and everything has gone wrong ever since.
I think it’s time to call lemon law attorney .
Anyone besides the one in San Francisco?
I live in Ca., Tulare County.
They called and said they would not even buy my truck back.
Now, my guy said he thinks that’s going to be the next BIG recall is when I press the start button, it just cranks several times.
Now. After three trips to dealership, when I put my truck N Dr. or in reverse, it will not go anywhere. They are now telling me it’s most likely in my transmission which is not covered under the warranty which was extended to 2025. Anyone having problems with putting their truck into gear or drive or reverse and it won’t go anywhere?

Ralieb

Oct 23, 2020
Truck Year
They called and said they would not even buy my truck back.
Now, my guy said he thinks that’s going to be the next BIG recall is when I press the start button, it just cranks several times.
Now. After three trips to dealership, when I put my truck N Dr. or in reverse, it will not go anywhere. They are now telling me it’s most likely in my transmission which is not covered under the warranty which was extended to 2025. Anyone having problems with putting their truck into gear or drive or reverse and it won’t go anywhere?
Go to the lemon law section of your owners manual write a letter to FCA, document your concerns, send all your repair orders, make sure you document all your telephone conversation, and Text messages. Think about everything you want but be reasonable write a strong but professional letter remind them if you hire an attorney it will cost them way more. You should also talk to lemon law lawyer give them all your documents, it sounds like you have a good case. Let the lemon law lawyer tell what you can get, base your letter info to FCA in what the lawyer tells you. Think strong, don't sign until you get what want, I hope the dealer is giving you a loaner car. FCA is very aware I think if you are professional they will work with you