• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I gave up on the ED....

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
I won't go into a lot of details but engine replacement before 300 miles, cab off the frame twice, treated terribly by "customer care" and the dealership, multiple lights on for various systems and 8" display doing super weird stuff on a new truck.

I decided to go back to F250 and the 7.3 gas engine.

Absolutely loved everything about the Ram, just couldn't get over my "new" truck not being new and continued problems with it. I surely hope I just got a Friday afternoon or Monday morning build the rest of them are great trucks.

I wish everyone the best with their trucks and I will surely miss the mpg and all the comforts the Ram had.

Last edited:

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Sorry to hear it man! I too have thought about switching, but if I do it I’m going back in time to the 2000 model stuff where technology is simple and the kinks are worked out.

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
I hear ya on that, we have a '93 4Runner and that thing simply will not die. I would trust it to go anywhere, anytime.

I'm hoping the 7.3 is more that way, just a simple pushrod V8 and the model I bought is pretty stripped down. Time will tell.

Had such high hopes for the ED but I couldn't afford the down time or aggravation any longer. I will still hang around here, as I love the site and knowledge that's here.

Polymers

Apr 3, 2021
Truck Year
That's a bummer, all the trouble you have experienced with your Eco Diesel. Don't blame you one bit.

Four months ago I traded a 2016 Hemi Laramie Longhorn with 85,000 miles for my 2016 Eco Diesel Laramie with 53,000 miles. Two reasons: (1) Hemi tick and fear of a misfire and chewed up cam and (2) fuel economy. The first may have never happened but it was out of power train warranty and the ED has 48 month extended warranty due to AEM flash done just prior to my purchase. Fuel mileage is awesome. First thing I did was install GDE's EPA compliant tune. Second was flush with Amsoil engine flush product (I know some people discourage that but wanted to clean out the crankcase as the oil was ebony black). May have wasted $16 but it gave me a peace of mind. Changed to Amsoil 5W40 and after 4,500 miles it's still transparent on the dipstick. Removed all the sound deadening foam including the Fuel Pump cover and engine cover (thanks TC). EGR was replaced under warranty and the truck is now a dream to drive. Used 4 wheel drive during a freak snow storm which created icy conditions for a week and never spun a tire with the 44-44 transfer case that so many folks ridicule. Really enjoy driving this truck and hope my engine was built on a Wednesday. However, if I start experiencing problems like you have, it's a goner. Good luck with the F250.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
I hear ya on that, we have a '93 4Runner and that thing simply will not die. I would trust it to go anywhere, anytime.

I'm hoping the 7.3 is more that way, just a simple pushrod V8 and the model I bought is pretty stripped down. Time will tell.

Had such high hopes for the ED but I couldn't afford the down time or aggravation any longer. I will still hang around here, as I love the site and knowledge that's here.
I actually traded my '14 F250 crew with the 7.3 gasser for my ED. I just couldn't stand to look at the 12-13mpg staring back at me on the dash. However, mileage aside, I absolutely loved my super duty. Cast iron block push rod v8 that was bullet proof. The ED not so much. I will be posting a separate FYI thread for folks shortly...

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
thats what i did i dumped my 2018 eco and purchased a 2019 2.0 jl jeep it gets 28 mpg and no problems