• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA# Z46/ NHTSA# 22V-406

dantheman669

Jun 11, 2022
Truck Year
Some 2014-2020 MY Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles equipped with a 3.0L diesel engine may have been built with a high pressure fuel pump ("HPFP") that could fail prematurely. A HPFP failure may introduce internally failed component debris into the fuel system potentially causing fuel starvation. Fuel starvation may result in an unexpected loss of motive power, which can cause a vehicle to crash without prior warning.

Repair Description
FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall on all affected vehicles to replace the HPFP, and inspect and, if necessary, replace additional fuel system components.

The recall date was June 9th 2022 and applies to some Ram 1500 Ecodiesels. I spoke with a service tech. this morning at my local dealership and since the recall is so new, he doesn't know anything about it. Also the HPFP isn't available and he doesn't know when it will be. Does anyone here know anymore on this recall? You can check mopar.com with your VIN# to see if your vehicle is under the recall list.

colin

Oct 20, 2018
Truck Year
Some 2014-2020 MY Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles equipped with a 3.0L diesel engine may have been built with a high pressure fuel pump ("HPFP") that could fail prematurely. A HPFP failure may introduce internally failed component debris into the fuel system potentially causing fuel starvation. Fuel starvation may result in an unexpected loss of motive power, which can cause a vehicle to crash without prior warning.

Repair Description
FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall on all affected vehicles to replace the HPFP, and inspect and, if necessary, replace additional fuel system components.

The recall date was June 9th 2022 and applies to some Ram 1500 Ecodiesels. I spoke with a service tech. this morning at my local dealership and since the recall is so new, he doesn't know anything about it. Also the HPFP isn't available and he doesn't know when it will be. Does anyone here know anymore on this recall? You can check mopar.com with your VIN# to see if your vehicle is under the recall list.
I just checked my vin and it shows the Z46 recall but parts not available

dantheman669

Jun 11, 2022
Truck Year
I just checked my vin and it shows the Z46 recall but parts not available
I know it sucks. I did some searching around and found refurbished hpfp. Then found one on moparwholesaleparts.com for $1,077.55. That's if you want to go the reimbursement route. No clue how long it would take to get reimbursed.

Robb3057

Dec 19, 2021
Truck Year

Repair Description

I just checked and they still have no parts. There is a similar recall on gas models. The Svc. Rep told me they get two pumps every two weeks.

dantheman669

Jun 11, 2022
Truck Year
I just checked and they still have no parts. There is a similar recall on gas models. The Svc. Rep told me they get two pumps every two we
That's ridiculous. I called my local dealership back today and they still don't know what to do about it since the recall is so new. My truck is already sitting because the "service electronic throttle control" light came on and went into limp mode last Wed. I replaced the MAP sensor and cleaned the egr tube. Didn't fix it. So now the code is p0336 crankshaft position sensor, which my truck had the W58 which states it only Updates the powertrain control module software to maintain vehicle propulsion by reading the camshaft position signal in the event that crankshaft position signal is lost. It's typically the reluctor wheel/tone ring that fails and that isn't covered under the extended warranty. If the tone ring failure sent shrapnel into the crankshaft position sensor and it got damaged, then it would be covered. Sorry for the rant.

SOMD_ECO

Jun 25, 2020
Truck Year

Repair Description

Yep, had just posted about it.

Firedude

Sep 15, 2021
Truck Year

Repair Description

I had to pay $9000 to get my 2018 Ram eco up and running. It sat for two months waiting on parts. I just got TWO recalls on the pump that failed. Z46 and Z58. I have the case for the refund processing but what is the deal with two recalls?
They both say basically the same thing but the Z58 lists serial numbers for around 12 pumps. AND THE LETTERS SPECIFICALLY STATE THERE IS NO FIX.
A little side comment. My son in law is a dodge master mechanic. He claims the pump is failing because the bio diesel does not have sufficient lubrication capabilities to protect the pump so it eats itself. Adding 1 ounce of low suffer 2 stroke oil additive per gallon can help that problem till they come up with a fix. I been doing it for around 1000 miles with no ill effects.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I had to pay $9000 to get my 2018 Ram eco up and running. It sat for two months waiting on parts. I just got TWO recalls on the pump that failed. Z46 and Z58. I have the case for the refund processing but what is the deal with two recalls?
They both say basically the same thing but the Z58 lists serial numbers for around 12 pumps. AND THE LETTERS SPECIFICALLY STATE THERE IS NO FIX.
A little side comment. My son in law is a dodge master mechanic. He claims the pump is failing because the bio diesel does not have sufficient lubrication capabilities to protect the pump so it eats itself. Adding 1 ounce of low suffer 2 stroke oil additive per gallon can help that problem till they come up with a fix. I been doing it for around 1000 miles with no ill effects.
Interesting.... everything I have ever read has said that 5% biodiesel offers about the best lubricity you can get.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Master Mechanic that's NOT a fuel expert....It will be interesting what pump Stallentis uses, The in tank Pump that's in all Ram 1500s won't be capable for any CP3 GP, and it won't certainly be any Cummins versions. Plus there are close to 1 million Ford 6.7L using the same CP4 as the VM 3.0. IMO the CP4 is way down on the list for failure on any VM 3.0 in Ram 1500.

airmiller1

Mar 22, 2022
Truck Year
That's ridiculous. I called my local dealership back today and they still don't know what to do about it since the recall is so new. My truck is already sitting because the "service electronic throttle control" light came on and went into limp mode last Wed. I replaced the MAP sensor and cleaned the egr tube. Didn't fix it. So now the code is p0336 crankshaft position sensor, which my truck had the W58 which states it only Updates the powertrain control module software to maintain vehicle propulsion by reading the camshaft position signal in the event that crankshaft position signal is lost. It's typically the reluctor wheel/tone ring that fails and that isn't covered under the extended warranty. If the tone ring failure sent shrapnel into the crankshaft position sensor and it got damaged, then it would be covered. Sorry for the rant.
Dude, had the same thing, i had my own ext. warranty. They replaced the tone wheel on the crank since it still run the throttle control. Est bill 700.00 without warranty.