• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Blown engine

bigben900

Jan 24, 2023
Truck Year
Well this sound pretty common for this engine I slide off the road an got stuck an low an behold the motor locked up so now its at the dealer can get a new motor cause the truck was made in Canada an used engine is any where from $8900 to $11000 well guess what I've been a dodge man for a very long time I guess I'm go I ng to just shoot it an put it out of it misery cause I sure am not going spend that much to fix my truck for on I don't have that kinda of money just lying around it cheaper to just get another truck this one will be gas I feel let down by dodge

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Don't Blame Ram/FCA.. The blame needs to be placed on Fiat VM.... Ram FCA did NOT support Fiat in bringing that engine to America. It was designed for GM Euro's Caddy's that never transpired. Bigden9000 You join 10,000s of owners with premature failure. IMO it's the worst DSL power plant for Pickups since the Ford 6.0. it's actually likely to surpass the 6.0 in the ratio failures.

bigben900

Jan 24, 2023
Truck Year
Don't Blame Ram/FCA.. The blame needs to be placed on Fiat VM.... Ram FCA did NOT support Fiat in bringing that engine to America. It was designed for GM Euro's Caddy's that never transpired. Bigden9000 You join 10,000s of owners with premature failure. IMO it's the worst DSL power plant for Pickups since the Ford 6.0. it's actually likely to surpass the i

Don't Blame Ram/FCA.. The blame needs to be placed on Fiat VM.... Ram FCA did NOT support Fiat in bringing that engine to America. It was designed for GM Euro's Caddy's that never transpired. Bigden9000 You join 10,000s of owners with premature failure. IMO it's the worst DSL power plant for Pickups since the Ford 6.0. it's actually likely to surpass the 6.0 in the ratio failures.
It would be nice if they would recall them but I know that's not going to happen

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Not likely, Big what surprises Is is what happened with EPA law suit, Heck Fiat should have offered buy backs and then resell, that would have allowed the resale with AEM and only OEM warranty. My guess is that would have saved $1 Billion+. Now look at all the mud in face with 10,000s loyal customers.

Osample

Jan 28, 2023
Truck Year
Well this sound pretty common for this engine I slide off the road an got stuck an low an behold the motor locked up so now its at the dealer can get a new motor cause the truck was made in Canada an used engine is any where from $8900 to $11000 well guess what I've been a dodge man for a very long time I guess I'm go I ng to just shoot it an put it out of it misery cause I sure am not going spend that much to fix my truck for on I don't have that kinda of money just lying around it cheaper to just get another truck this one will be gas I feel let down by dodge
Hey Big Ben, what is the issue with getting an engine if the truck is from Canada and now in the USA? Curious because my Eco is from Canada. Sorry to hear about your truck.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I can answer that, In Many cases Ram will not honor Warranty when sold in One country and operated or transferred to another Country. Most MFG's have the same policy.

bigben900

Jan 24, 2023
Truck Year
Hey Big Ben, what is the issue with getting an engine if the truck is from Canada and now in the USA? Curious because my Eco is from Canada. Sorry to hear about your truck.
Dealer said Mopar won't warranty a new Mopar engine in a Canadian built truck with a new USA engine I asked why an he said it was just mopar

Rick971

Mar 21, 2022
Truck Year
What year is your truck?
How long have you had it? Any exrended warranties?
I have a 2017 that i bought last March the engine blew 7 weeks after I bought it. I took out the extended warranty and because my truck originated in Canada the US warranty said they wouldn't cover it. However the dealership that i got it from stood behind the warranty and installed a new crate motor from Ram.