• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New from Texas

Leatherwood

Apr 12, 2023
Truck Year
Hi, Just recently purchased a used 2015 Ram Ecodiesel and have been lurking the past 3 weeks. Decided to join up as I have been using the forum for a ton of information as I have had many issues with it since I drove it off the lot. To include 3-way coolant valve, two glowplugs, Transfer case stuck in 4wd, Hesitation upon acceleration and most recently the truck died and wont crank. Its currently sitting at the dealer waiting to be diagnosed and fixed. So in the meantime, figured I would lurk some more around here to get some ideas and learn a few things.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Define won't crank? The reason I ask because it has different meanings in N/A.

Leatherwood

Apr 12, 2023
Truck Year
Define won't crank? The reason I ask because it has different meanings in N/A.
Well upon turning the key to the start position the only thing the truck does, is reset the radio and the dash flashes a few warnings. The engine doesn't turn. Luckily this truck was sold to me deleted by Toyota. and wasn't disclosed at the time of sale so the original dealer is having the issues fixed through a Ram Dealership. Since you asked, I know you have some interest so ill attach the list of codes it threw at me.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0615.png
    thumbnail_IMG_0615.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 3
  • thumbnail_IMG_0614.png
    thumbnail_IMG_0614.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 3
  • thumbnail_IMG_0613.png
    thumbnail_IMG_0613.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 3
  • thumbnail_IMG_0612.png
    thumbnail_IMG_0612.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 3

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its likely the big connection under the dash drivers' side behind the knee booster panel

Leatherwood

Apr 12, 2023
Truck Year
Its likely the big connection under the dash drivers' side behind the knee booster panel
I checked a few, cleaned and added dielectric grease. The ones under the truck used thin stainless zip ties to secure them together. Im waiting on Ram and Toyota now no figure out what they find and report back. I'm honestly thinking about returning it and buying a hemi at this point. Truck runs great thought when its running. Ram told me when its fixed to drive it aggressive and it would last alot longer.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Naaa, if you can return it for full refund do so..... aggressive has relative meanings.

Leatherwood

Apr 12, 2023
Truck Year
I am honestly leaning that way. I went with the EcoDiesel due to it having better fuel mileage than the Hemi. Toyota tried the sold as is on me wasn't liable after the warranty they sold me said they wouldn't cover a deleted truck. So, I talked to a lawyer. Toyota now has possession of the truck and has it at Ram to see what it's going to cost to fix everything. I told them they weren't authorized to fix anything on the truck till its discussed with me and they have written consent. I'm now waiting on Ram to give us a report before I decide whether to make them buy it back or have it fixed.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I am honestly leaning that way. I went with the EcoDiesel due to it having better fuel mileage than the Hemi. Toyota tried the sold as is on me wasn't liable after the warranty they sold me said they wouldn't cover a deleted truck. So, I talked to a lawyer. Toyota now has possession of the truck and has it at Ram to see what it's going to cost to fix everything. I told them they weren't authorized to fix anything on the truck till its discussed with me and they have written consent. I'm now waiting on Ram to give us a report before I decide whether to make them buy it back or have it fixed.
Since Toyota sold you the deleted truck (illegally) and they are working with RAM the only solution will be to restore the truck to legal condition for you.
Then it will be up to you to keep or sell. The dealers will be under no obligation to get your consent on any repairs. Any reputable RAM dealer would tell Toyota tough luck you sold it, it is your problem.
Sorry you are in a bind, I would definitely work to get out of this deal and move on.

Leatherwood

Apr 12, 2023
Truck Year
Since Toyota sold you the deleted truck (illegally) and they are working with RAM the only solution will be to restore the truck to legal condition for you.
Then it will be up to you to keep or sell. The dealers will be under no obligation to get your consent on any repairs. Any reputable RAM dealer would tell Toyota tough luck you sold it, it is your problem.
Sorry you are in a bind, I would definitely work to get out of this deal and move on.
Toyota bought the truck back today in full. Gave me every penny back. Ram said the ecm went out is what caused it to no crank and that the dying on the highway was the ecm on its way out.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Toyota bought the truck back today in full. Gave me every penny back. Ram said the ecm went out is what caused it to no crank and that the dying on the highway was the ecm on its way out.
Bummer that you didn't get a great eco diesel but I think everyone would be thrilled that you were made whole! Hope you find a great rig and let us know if you end up with an eco diesel!