• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

    Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

    Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My third 1500Ecodiesel

Berry SD

New Member
Sep 24, 2026
1
0
Truck Year
2022
Hi everybody
Last year I bought my third RAM 1500 Ecodiesel (with only 3000 miles) from the dealer here in San Diego, with the sole purpose to be able to tow a travel trailer.
This year I bought a new only 5000 ponds trailer and on my first trip the electronic throttle alarm went off loosing all engine power which is quite dangerous on a mountain road... After restarting the warning light goes out but engine light keeps burning. This happened multiple time in the same way.
Without trailer the car runs fine with now 20000 miles on it. According to a dealer in Phoenix it is the turbo.
I brought it 5 times to my dealer here in SD but they have no time to look at it.
Does anybody on this forum have any idea what this can be?
 

Rameco2014

New Member
Jul 25, 2026
4
2
Truck Year
2014
Same here, 20214 ECO Diesel, pulling 4500lb travel trailer.
Same failure, the same symptoms.
I diagnosed the problem due to contamination of the Throttle boday Vacuum Pressure Sensor.
Because I was on the road from MI to WI to MN round trip I didn't have the replacement sensor and I just removed the old sensor and I did clean it with electronic cleaning spray.
The problem was fixed for about 1 year.
This summer the same failure happened again, but I had already purchased a replacement sensor, but it was not installed.
In the camp ground on lake MI I was able to replace the sensor and problem fixed.
Process: (about 30 min)
The sesor is located close to the firewall on back of the engine and it is accessible from the top. The location is in the center line after the air intake filter. (you need to climb on the front of the engine bay and sit there and kind of lean over the engine to access the sensor.)
You need a torque bit to remove only one screw. Be careful with the connector because the is a small plastic clip to pulled back before the connector get disconnected. You need also to push the clip with bothfingers to open the connector. It is easier to pull first the sensor and than disconnected the connector .
To remove the sensor you need to wiggle the and pull the sensor.
Before inserting the sensor back apply some lubricant on seal.
 

Berry

New Member
Aug 19, 2026
1
0
Truck Year
2022
Same here, 20214 ECO Diesel, pulling 4500lb travel trailer.
Same failure, the same symptoms.
I diagnosed the problem due to contamination of the Throttle boday Vacuum Pressure Sensor.
Because I was on the road from MI to WI to MN round trip I didn't have the replacement sensor and I just removed the old sensor and I did clean it with electronic cleaning spray.
The problem was fixed for about 1 year.
This summer the same failure happened again, but I had already purchased a replacement sensor, but it was not installed.
In the camp ground on lake MI I was able to replace the sensor and problem fixed.
Process: (about 30 min)
The sesor is located close to the firewall on back of the engine and it is accessible from the top. The location is in the center line after the air intake filter. (you need to climb on the front of the engine bay and sit there and kind of lean over the engine to access the sensor.)
You need a torque bit to remove only one screw. Be careful with the connector because the is a small plastic clip to pulled back before the connector get disconnected. You need also to push the clip with bothfingers to open the connector. It is easier to pull first the sensor and than disconnected the connector .
To remove the sensor you need to wiggle the and pull the sensor.
Before inserting the sensor back apply some lubricant on seal.
Thank you so much for your thorough reply. I will certainly follow your advice!
 
Top