• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Coolant

murrrphh

Sep 7, 2016
Truck Year
I got my truck about a week ago from the dealer. I noticed today that the coolant is sitting about an inch below the "cold fill level range". It had been sitting a few hours.
The pink coolant is in there now, the truck only has 6k so I'm assuming that's ram factory stuff. Can you add in any coolant that meets spec or should I stick with the stuff from the dealer?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 24

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Same thing happened to me. I just got a jug from the dealership and filled back up. About 20k later and she's still level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

murrrphh

Sep 7, 2016
Truck Year
Same thing happened to me. I just got a jug from the dealership and filled back up. About 20k later and she's still level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Does the Eco have its own coolant or does ram use the same coolant in the Cummins?

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Looking at the photo you need to have your truck on a level surface before checking. It's clearly not level there. Now a truck should never need the coolant topped off, if it's low there something wrong.

murrrphh

Sep 7, 2016
Truck Year
Looking at the photo you need to have your truck on a level surface before checking. It's clearly not level there. Now a truck should never need the coolant topped off, if it's low there something wrong.
I know it's not level and it should be but it didn't make much of a difference regardless