• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Riding High w Air ride suspension

Stacie Winters

Oct 22, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2016 ED w air suspension...I love the high setting, would love to run around town occasionally but I get automatically lowered at 25mph :(
I know it's designed for 4 wheel low, but is there a way to override ?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have a 2016 ED w air suspension...I love the high setting, would love to run around town occasionally but I get automatically lowered at 25mph :(
I know it's designed for 4 wheel low, but is there a way to override ?
Well you can switch the factory links from front to rear, there's a length difference and it basically puts you in off road 2. They just pop off. But it's too high and though you can still go to offroad 1, offroad 2 won't work. It will serious wear your tires unless you go get an alignment and plan on leaving it there. But it's a budget lift for air suspension. Only cost is the alignment.

For the milder lift or level you can get links from adjustable air ride but they're a pretty penny. Like 300$. Nuts. I would like to find a small Fab Shop to make a set for me because I know it'd be a ton cheaper

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
On mine swapping the links made it sit the same as offroad 2 and it wouldn't even go into offroad 1 afterwords. It also caused a intermittent shutter in my drivetrain. After trying it for a day I wouldn't recommend it. Now the adjustable links would work better.

Day

Aug 31, 2022
Truck Year
Buy threaded rod ends and a length of ready rod to make your own. Did this to level and fix my side to side lean.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Buy threaded rod ends and a length of ready rod to make your own. Did this to level and fix my side to side lean.
I did as well with some rubber hose to pop onto the hiem joints. later got alpha obd and you can just program your own height values and do it without the hardware.

Of course the latter was found after the cold climate got the better of the air system

Reactions: Day