• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replacing Factory Air Filter

Dan Walker

Jul 5, 2016
Truck Year
New 2016 RAM and looking to replace the factory airfilter & air filter "box" , a few questions:

1. Is it actually worth it?
  2. Do I gain anything by replacing the factory air filter and air box ?
  3. If so what is the best replacement?
Thank You
Dan

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
With most modern diesels your not going to see much of a difference if at all. Some say they noticed more "turbo sound" but thats still why I'm stock. don't really see the need to spend the money for "looks".

Dan Walker

Jul 5, 2016
Truck Year
thank you for your reply... Don't want to mess things up... or buy things that are unnecssary

Dan

ecodiesel1

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
moparecodiesel did a video on air intakes. pretty informative. not sure if it's worth the $250 they cost though.

cevans

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
GDE is adamant that the modified intakes do nothing for performance. Looking at it rationally, these trucks have an OE cold-air intake system. Most of the aftermarket intakes I see that are marketed as "Cold Air Intakes" remove the cold air snorkel and add some sort of shield to underneath the hood...kind of making them hot air intakes...

Diesel Kevin

Dec 14, 2016
Truck Year
Did you install the air intake Dan? If so did the air flow sensor go south? Dash light? Anybody else?

Thanks,
Kevin