• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another diesel

Nomad

Aug 16, 2018
Truck Year
Hey. Been reading this forum for a while. I got a new 2016 eco for my wife back then and been a great ride. I slipped in a gde hot tune a while back before she took off on a trip and she called me and said ' I think I must have got a tank of higher power diesel fuel because my car has lots more power'. hah.

I have been a cummins 5.9l cummins guy for along time and currently have a 06 with 6 spd but decided to get a 1/2 ton for better road handling. Bought one from a guy I know who ordered a '14 new and from the beginning he stripped all the smog and put in a 60hp ppei tune. I got it at 75k miles and runs like a bat out of hell. I have towed up to 7k with it on some big grades and can keep the egr's within check. It does seem to have some turbo lag at the beginning of takeoff so I ordered a hot tune 40hp from gde as they claim it has broader torque. Will pop it in before too long and see how it does.
My 14 has run shaeffer 5w-40 since new. I havent driven the truck on an extended trip on normal freeway driving but just on curvy hilly country roads where I drive all the time. I get about 26 mpg on the computer doing 100 mile trips. I havent hand calculated yet but from what I read the computer is pretty much spot on. I am running a bit heavier E tires than stock - 33x11.50 - and have re-calibrated the speedo. I have 3:55 gears.

Really like the handling and acceleration. I did my initial road trip with a friend who has millions of miles as a hot shot in every kind of diesel and he was very much impressed with the performance with the 60hp tune.

ps: I hate the name ' eco diesel'. Sounds like something that should be stuck on the ugly ass of a subaru. I have since these photos blacked out the 'eco' part..!

Attachments

• pp0eLUxiS+yC9%YnnSyHwQ.jpg
    pp0eLUxiS+yC9%YnnSyHwQ.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 26jPBOJ3TTarxAU64WrMAA.jpg
    26jPBOJ3TTarxAU64WrMAA.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 13