• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine Failure - Warranty Claim - DENIED

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If you do OAs trends you will get advance warnings ...in most cases......Established trends are required...condemning the engine on 2 or 3 OAs.. elevated levels IMO does not qualify to be a trend.

mgp889

Apr 6, 2024
Truck Year
Orion and others,

I’ve been dealing with a similar issue in my 2020 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. Driving home from work, low oil pressure light, clank and knocking noises, into limp mode.

Had truck towed to nearest dealership, told me it has complete engine failure and ran out of oil. I have video of oil pouring out of engine at time of incident. This was Dec 16th, 2023.

Fast forward to now, Feb 1st, 2024. Warranty claim denied due to maintenance record not being under 10,000 mile on oil changes. I’ve always followed the change oil indicator light and booked appointment as soon as possible (all at ram dealerships). Nothing has been noted in maintenance records. Everything is in the “green”.

Curious if you have any recommendations, thanks fellas.
Just starting the warranty process on my 2020

mgp889

Apr 6, 2024
Truck Year
Orion and others,

I’ve been dealing with a similar issue in my 2020 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. Driving home from work, low oil pressure light, clank and knocking noises, into limp mode.

Had truck towed to nearest dealership, told me it has complete engine failure and ran out of oil. I have video of oil pouring out of engine at time of incident. This was Dec 16th, 2023.

Fast forward to now, Feb 1st, 2024. Warranty claim denied due to maintenance record not being under 10,000 mile on oil changes. I’ve always followed the change oil indicator light and booked appointment as soon as possible (all at ram dealerships). Nothing has been noted in maintenance records. Everything is in the “green”.

Curious if you have any recommendations, thanks fellas.
Just starting the warranty process on my 2020 with only 42k miles. I have all the oil changes done at dealership so far they are saying fully covered but not giving me a timeline. Got bad feeling could be months waiting on an engine….

rodd

Mar 19, 2022
Truck Year
Just starting the warranty process on my 2020 with only 42k miles. I have all the oil changes done at dealership so far they are saying fully covered but not giving me a timeline. Got bad feeling could be months waiting on an engine….
I had to wait 2 months. It took 1 month to get approved and 1 to get the work done, but that was 2 years ago.

riderlee

Mar 6, 2024
Truck Year
Not an ideal first post, but I am hoping someone here will have some advice that will help me out.

My 2017 Ram with 47,000 miles that I bought new had the bottom end go out on Sunday while driving flat on the freeway at 65mph. The dealer said the main bearing on the connector rod went out, but I don't think they have taken the motor apart to confirm yet. They filed a warranty request to Chrysler to authorize a new motor Monday and today (Tuesday) I was told Chrysler denied the warranty request.The reason cited was that I had changed the oil at an interval of 10,170 miles for my second oil change which exceeded the 10,000 mile max interval. All oil changes were done at the dealer and all but that one were under the 10k mile interval. I was/am shocked to say the least that 170 miles over would even be considered as voiding the warranty.

The service manager does not seem interested in putting much effort in appealing the decision, but she indicated she would talk to her regional rep. I called the Chrysler Customer Care line and a friendly woman said she would look into my case and get back to me.

Does anyone have any experience appealing a warranty claim denial or have any helpful advice otherwise? The dealer threw out a figure of $28k for the repair. I cannot imagine having to foot that bill for a motor that clearly has an issue unrelated to my oil change.

Orion
I had the same thing happen with 17,605 miles but out of warranty on time so they denied the claim. I ended up selling the truck for auction....