• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2000 miles. Thoughts so far.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
my how they grow up so fast. Seems just yesterday I was driving her home from the dealer. Taking extra care to avoid bumps and going slow. Watching out for other drivers and proudly showing her off to the world!

She's 2000 miles old now. I can only hope I've done a good job so far and instilled some good old fashioned mid west values in her...........lol

Ok. It's not as special as a new son or daughter. But it's been fun! This truck has grown on me even more. The biggest difference from brand new is that the so complained about "turbo lag" is gone. When the truck is cold it's still a little lagging but once your 5 miles down the road and it's all warmed up. It's non exsistant.

In fact the response is almost telepathic. It just seems to know what I intend to do before I do. For those who are still having issue with lag, I might suggest taking it in and having it looked at. For me. It was most certainly there in the beginning. I even started to regret just a very little bit buying it. But now all is well and good. Bravo Chrysler!

As a side note. I'm a creature of habit and tend to drive the same roads at the same speeds daily. Not sure if this plays into it but thought I should let you know.

The big MPG question. With a mix of city and highway from day one (trip B) I'm averaging 24.1!!! That includes a couple boat pulling trips to the lake. That also includes the semi regular "love the feel of 420lb/ft" pipe clean out runs:D.

As a tool...... You know, the whole reason we bought a truck in the first place:rolleyes:. It's been unflappable. Towing my boat is easy peesy. Hauling (even overloaded) was effortless. Seriously. Is this the worlds PERFECT truck?? What could possibly be better?

Tech wise. This thing makes my wife's "09" Lexus look, well.......dated. My 8.4a u connect has never had a crash or even a hiccup. It always connects to my phone and the speech recognition works just as well as Siri herself.

Aesthetically. I love the looks. But this is so subjective it doesn't much matter. But, I do think this truck has a classic look that will age with grace.

So far it's been flawless. No issues to report. I know 2000 miles isn't much but it's enough time to know if your happy with your purchase or not. While this time last year I swore I would never own another Chrysler product as long as I live. I sure am glad I have them another shot. I really do like this truck! It is 100% the perfect solution for my driving needs.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
When the truck is cold it's still a little lagging but once your 5 miles down the road and it's all warmed up. It's non exsistant.
sweet!! im glad im not the only one that notices that! I thought I was the only one. So after 110,000 miles its still the exact same. nothing will change, but this truck is really smart, so I think its just protecting itself.
With a mix of city and highway from day one (trip B) I'm averaging 24.1!!! That includes a couple boat pulling trips to the lake. That also includes the semi regular "love the feel of 420lb/ft" pipe clean out runs:D.
This will also not change, unlike the ford pos ecocrap, I still get the same mileages I calculated brand new and I still get the exact same mileage today at 110,000.mi. :)

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
This will also not change, unlike the ford pos ecocrap, I still get the same mileages I calculated brand new and I still get the exact same mileage today at 110,000.mi. :)[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I test drove a 2015 F-150 lariate with that new 2.7 ecoboost. It was fast! but according to its own readout. I was getting 19 mpg. This was on a little over 40 mile test drive that was mostly freeway driving. With the exception of one stoplight peddle to the metal take off, the rest was my normal (slow) driving.

I know this was a brand new motor but, having read how disappointed most ecoboost owners are with the real world MPG. I didn't have much faith those numbers would change. Add into the fact that the f 150 is all new and I still preferred the "old" Ram shows how good this truck is. Of course you all know that already. :D

P.S.

110,000 miles is awesome!!! I can't wait to see how this truck holds up to the 200k mark.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
My above statement being said, the ecoboost was the funnest vehicle ive ever owned or driven, however it could not hold up to Its advertised durability. 3 transmissions in 15,000 miles and the 4th one failed as I traded it in, countless misfires and fouled spark plugs, intercooler water buildup, carbon fouling in the entire intake and exhaust system, all of which are still not addressed or fixed to this day even with the 2.7l. Ford dosnt care about longevity, just pushing them out and making really convincing sales ads.
I think you made a good decision, just as long as you let your truck do some work and let her pull a trailer, shell do fine.