• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2001 Ram 1500 5.2 Question (Sport with Off-road package)

LeonJames

May 26, 2019
Truck Year
So, I took my truck to a reliable mechanic Ive gone to before stating that I may have a plenum issue but to do his thing and check it out. He called me the next day saying there’s no issue with the plenum gasket... because I don’t have a plenum on this truck, that this truck has a solid aluminum intake and only has the intake gasket (which was changed a year ago). Now, Ive watched at least 5 videos on how to change the plenum gasket on this exact motor and was even told by other 2nd gen folks here that I likely have a plenum issue. I’ve even looked up and easily found plenum plates and plenum gaskets for my truck.
My question: Do I or do I not have a plenum on my 5.2? Lol
I’m throwing codes for large and small evap leaks and the truck just doesn’t have the power it once had, especially under hard acceleration, like something is holding it back. I can also literally hear the ball in the PCV valve banging hard a thousand miles an hour from within the cab while driving.
Any advice or answers are greatly appreciated as I’ve had this issue for close to a year.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The Eco 3.0 does have removable intake plenum ,the 5.9, 6.7 intake is a shelf cast into the Head, the Cummins 5.0 has removable intake.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Their is NO 5.2L diesel I know of, 5.2 L Gas 318 Yes.

LeonJames

May 26, 2019
Truck Year
So, I took my truck to a reliable mechanic Ive gone to before stating that I may have a plenum issue but to do his thing and check it out. He called me the next day saying there’s no issue with the plenum gasket... because I don’t have a plenum on this truck, that this truck has a solid aluminum intake and only has the intake gasket (which was changed a year ago). Now, Ive watched at least 5 videos on how to change the plenum gasket on this exact motor and was even told by other 2nd gen folks here that I likely have a plenum issue. I’ve even looked up and easily found plenum plates and plenum gaskets for my truck.tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/ My question: Do I or do I not have a plenum on my 5.2? Lol
I’m throwing codes for large and small evap leaks and the truck just doesn’t have the power it once had, especially under hard acceleration, like something is holding it back. I can also literally hear the ball in the PCV valve banging hard a thousand miles an hour from within the cab while driving.
Any advice or answers are greatly appreciated as I’ve had this issue for close to a year.

my issue got solved!!