• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 ED in Jeep GC

nick-d

Jun 7, 2021
Truck Year
New to this forum, but since there seem to be more RAM ED's than jeep, lots more info on here. I have a 2014 ED totally stock. No AEM yet. 101K with ZERO issues up to this point. Just came back from a 2000 mile trip to South Dakota. No issues. got back to Chicago area and threw a P2002 DPF code. DPF below efficiency. Looking at OBD codes, i see 4 pressure sensors listed as possible monitoring points. And an additional pressure diff. The pressure diff is active, the others are not. Is there just a pressure diff sensor? anyone know what the thresholds are for when this throws a code? Im bringing Jeep into dealer for the EGR recall and the AEM update. They will look at the code also. Anyone have any thoughts on the code? Have seen lots of discussions of cracked tubes and the like.

Also, who has gotten the latest AEM update? How bad is it? I avg 27.2mpg on the trip to S. Dakota. How big of a hit am i gonna take and how bad is the driveability affected?

Has anyone done the EGR recall? what was your experience?

Thanks...Nick

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! Sorry but I opted out of the recalls and invested into a tune to avoid any issues with performance or flashes that would snowball into more issues!

nick-d

Jun 7, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks....Would like to get some feedback on anyone that has done either the EGR cooler recall, AEM or both. Looking for what was performance liek before/after. Feedback?

Thanks...N

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks....Would like to get some feedback on anyone that has done either the EGR cooler recall, AEM or both. Looking for what was performance liek before/after. Feedback?

Thanks...N
NIck welcome to the board.
Including my 2014 RAM my wife drives a 2015 JEEP GC with the ecodiesel. We both have the AEM recall and she just got the EGR recall completed. We both had the same issues with the AEM, just to different degrees. Hers less than mine. We both had been running a Green Diesel Engineering tuned ECM, which I highly recommend, so the change was more apparent. She experienced a slight flat spot from a dead stop with impressive acceleration at 2K rpm. Her fuel mileage dropped to 24mpg average. DEF consumption went up a little. Other than that it ran very well. The EGR recall I would do out of concern for a future leak, which could result in water in the oil, and possible catastrophic engine failure, or an engine fire. At this point she got the AEM II which was supposed to resolve the flat spot in acceleration from stop, it seems to have done that. Our only issue with the EGR recall was the lack of parts. We checked in at the dealer when we received written notification from FCA that we could now get the EGR recall installed, to find out that parts would not be shipped from FCA until we checked in, which resulted in a three week long debacle. The logistics office of FCA needs to go back to school.
As soon as we get back from a trip to Montana I will be purchasing the Green Diesel Engineering EPA Compliant Program for her JEEP.

nick-d

Jun 7, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks for the update!! I have "Checked in" as well and I am still waiting for them to call me about the parts for the EGR recall. I agree on the EGR recall. Dangerous to not do it. Above you said you both had the Green Diesel Pgm, but you also said you were purchasing it for her GC. I dont have the Green Diesel PGM, but if the AEM II alone with the EGR update is acceptable, that's what i'd really like to know. It looks like it is now that AEM II is out. I know the first one was bad. The flat spot was well noted. I'd consider getting the Green Diesel ECM update, after the EGR and AEM II update are completed. Are there any other driveability issues after AEM II? I'm pretty happy with the base config, i've also driven a new ram 1500 and the new Gen 3 Eco does seem more responsive and had no real flat spot. Of course, it had 20 more hp and torque. But the Ram is heavier. Overall it was pretty decent.

Thanks for the info.....

N

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks for the update!! I have "Checked in" as well and I am still waiting for them to call me about the parts for the EGR recall. I agree on the EGR recall. Dangerous to not do it. Above you said you both had the Green Diesel Pgm, but you also said you were purchasing it for her GC. I dont have the Green Diesel PGM, but if the AEM II alone with the EGR update is acceptable, that's what i'd really like to know. It looks like it is now that AEM II is out. I know the first one was bad. The flat spot was well noted. I'd consider getting the Green Diesel ECM update, after the EGR and AEM II update are completed. Are there any other driveability issues after AEM II? I'm pretty happy with the base config, i've also driven a new ram 1500 and the new Gen 3 Eco does seem more responsive and had no real flat spot. Of course, it had 20 more hp and torque. But the Ram is heavier. Overall it was pretty decent.

Thanks for the info.....

N
To clarify; we had the reprogrammed ECM, when FCA installs the AEM it overwrites the tune. GDE developed an EPA Compliant Tune after being slapped with Administrative fines and Cease and Desist Order from the EPA. They now offer the EPA tune via a hand held tuner, I have retuned my truck but not the wife's JEEP, we have only had it back from the dealer for about 4 weeks. The tune gives you 24 more HP and 46 ft/lbs of torque along with a laundry list of benefits like smoother cruise control, improved three way coolant valve, better fan control, 2-4 mpg improvement, earlier torque and hp curve.

nick-d

Jun 7, 2021
Truck Year
Ok Very good. Thanks......Would like to hear before you retune your wifes GC if she has any issues with driveability. I'll look into the GDE tune. I spent almost 10 years writing ECM s/w for Ford for the 6.9/7.3L engines back in the 80's and 90's. I'd be happy to take over the tuning via a handheld. Ive never been a big fan of ECM swaps where I cant go back if needed.

Thanks...N

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Ok Very good. Thanks......Would like to hear before you retune your wifes GC if she has any issues with driveability. I'll look into the GDE tune. I spent almost 10 years writing ECM s/w for Ford for the 6.9/7.3L engines back in the 80's and 90's. I'd be happy to take over the tuning via a handheld. Ive never been a big fan of ECM swaps where I cant go back if needed.

Thanks...N
At present she has the OEM tune. This version there is little to no turbo lag and runs out on the highway just fine. Fuel mileage avg. about 24 mpg. There is a noticeable punch at 2K rpm as the Turbo spools up, kind of begs why a variable van? If we had not experienced the improved HP and Torque along with improved fuel mileage, 27mpg avg. we would be pleased with this version of the AEM.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Forgot, a side note the guys at GDE are all former code engineers from the Big 3. You should get along just fine.

nick-d

Jun 7, 2021
Truck Year
Good to hear. Yeah that would be great to chat with them.....Thanks for all the info. I avg around 22-23 in mostly city driving.....ON highway (Just came back from Mt. Rushmore in SD) I averaged 27.2 for the 2000 mi R/T. That was including all the playing i was doing up and down all the roads in Custer State park and the badlands.

Thanks again....N