• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 Limited

Bryant

Aug 3, 2019
I bought my 2014 Limited brand new and it now has 76,000 km on it. I love this truck so much that my enthusiasm resulted in many of my friends buying similar trucks with the Ecodiesel. I get so excited about the fuel economy of this engine, I’ve had it get down to 8.2 litre per 100 km, around the city it runs around 10.4.

A few weeks ago I started suspecting something wasn’t right. In the morning when I pull out of my driveway I have been detecting a slight hesitation when accelerating slowly. It’s almost like it’s got a miss to it. I called the dealer and I was told there was a recall that would solve this issue. I was afraid to agree to this modification due to issues some of my friends have experienced.

I picked my truck up from the dealer and the truck was running great, the hesitation I was warned of experiencing after having the recall done was not there. What I did notice was an increase in fuel use. When I dropped the truck off at the dealer the indicator read 9.3, when I picked the truck up it was at 10.4, by the time I got home it was at 11 litres per 100 km.

The next morning when I pulled out of the driveway that same hesitation was still there. The recall did nothing to solve my problem. All it did was cause the engine to use more fuel. I can’t for the life of me understand how burning more fuel is an improvement!! This frustrates me.

I have the extended warranty but the dealer told me that trying to resolve the issue would fall under maintenance and not be covered by warranty. I got laid off a few weeks ago and can’t afford a huge repair bill right now.

Love the truck and have had very few issues with it up until now. If anyone else has experienced this same issue I would appreciate knowing about it.

John

Nov 13, 2015
They hesitate until warmed up. The fuel economy will likely improve, The stationary regen they do after the AEM will kill the average MPG on the Evic. Hand calculate your next tank and report back.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
The shift pattern is a little higher that is where the fuel is going