• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 oil pressure????

wlb862

Apr 29, 2023
Truck Year
So I've got a 2014 ed and I can't figure out for the life of me what it's correct oil pressure is supposed to be... It was usually right around 30 but now it varies between 24 to 50.... Is this normal? I got my oil changed and it's still doing it.... I was told that my oil pan gaskets need to get changed. Could this be the problem? Or is it even a problem? Please someone help me.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So I've got a 2014 ed and I can't figure out for the life of me what it's correct oil pressure is supposed to be... It was usually right around 30 but now it varies between 24 to 50.... Is this normal? I got my oil changed and it's still doing it.... I was told that my oil pan gaskets need to get changed. Could this be the problem? Or is it even a problem? Please someone help me.
The oil pressure displayed on your evic is just load and temp calculated. There's not an honest reading or sensor. I've not heard of a pan leaking but I'd check torque myself if there's a loose spot on what's likely a permadry gasket before committing to a reseal.

wlb862

Apr 29, 2023
Truck Year
The oil pressure displayed on your evic is just load and temp calculated. There's not an honest reading or sensor. I've not heard of a pan leaking but I'd check torque myself if there's a loose spot on what's likely a permadry gasket before committing to a reseal.
The pan is leaking, so that has to get done... I just didn't know if this was what was causing the flux

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
The pan is leaking, so that has to get done... I just didn't know if this was what was causing the flux
It's a fake generated reading so disregard