• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 Ram

Roofer John

Dec 16, 2023
Truck Year
So my ram broke down on the highway the other day. The code for the tone ring showed up on my code scanner immediately on the side of the highway. As an eco-diesel owner I go nowhere without my code scanner. L O L. I have brought the vehicle home tested my fuel system. It is at 60 pounds at the fuel line, it will start with ether sprayed into the airbox. But other than that no start. could it still be the tone ring? although it starts with ether sprayed
I also removed the filter off of the high-pressure fuel pump and it was clean no aluminum pieces.
so I guess my question is, will it run with a bad tone ring if it is fooled into believing there is fuel

Attachments

• IMG_3166.jpeg
    IMG_3166.jpeg
    477.5 KB · Views: 0

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
short answer is no. the tone ring has nothing to do with fuel.
There was a software flash that allowed your vehicle to run with a tone ring failure (W58 I believe) but you still need to get it repaired.

Roofer John

Dec 16, 2023
Truck Year
I guess that means that the fun begin. As usual when a light comes on, I was hoping it was something smaller and not the code that actually flashed which has been the case many times before. Thank you.

Bob S.

Sep 1, 2016
Truck Year
I guess that means that the fun begin. As usual when a light comes on, I was hoping it was something smaller and not the code that actually flashed which has been the case many times before. Thank you.
I was able to drive my truck into the dealer to start the repair work but it started and ran like an out of tune gas engine (35 miles) no power basically limping along but I would not wait to long! (I now carry a spare tone wheel and sensor just in case!)