• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 TROUBLED ECO DIESEL

Tom41

Oct 14, 2020
Truck Year
Love diesels...I have several diesel powered machines from a JD lawn mower to a backhoe. In August of 2019 I bought my Ram eco diesel used with 57,092 miles on it. The truck has many options and I really like it but it has been like being in love with the wrong woman; it has been a headache keeping it on the road. Serious EGR problems (I was getting 30 miles to a gallon of antifreeze), glow plugs, crank sensor, DEF fuel tank & gauge, limp mode, stranded in the middle of nowhere, etc. So far recalls and a Limited Warranty have kept my costs down but I am concerned about the future.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! These trucks do have some problems... I would suggest having a read on the forum to see other's issues and what people are doing to help increase the lifespan of their truck.

Mike Pratt

Sep 26, 2020
Truck Year
September 25th After 12 hours on the road leaving Cherokee NC in the Smokies at 7:30am and on I-95 around 7:30pm at Fort Pierce, FL 2 miles N of Okeechobee my truck engine light came on so stopped saw smoke opened the hood saw a fire!!. Truck totaled RV seriously damaged. Thankfully my Harley-Davidson got us back to home after two hours on the FL turnpike. Bought new in 2014 my eco-diesel had 20 recalls all service repairs and maintenance performed at FCA dealers still under my warranty (Fidelity) more than 40 pages of records and can you believe that FCA denies any liability. Two hired engineering inspectors one for FCA and one for my insurance co. The ins co is now requesting more forensic analysis which is coming. What a mess. stay tuned.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Love diesels...I have several diesel powered machines from a JD lawn mower to a backhoe. In August of 2019 I bought my Ram eco diesel used with 57,092 miles on it. The truck has many options and I really like it but it has been like being in love with the wrong woman; it has been a headache keeping it on the road. Serious EGR problems (I was getting 30 miles to a gallon of antifreeze), glow plugs, crank sensor, DEF fuel tank & gauge, limp mode, stranded in the middle of nowhere, etc. So far recalls and a Limited Warranty have kept my costs down but I am concerned about the future.

Tom, it doesn't sound good for the future of that truck. I would most definitely get into something else.

How many miles did your drive it at 30 miles per gallon of antifreeze?

Tom41

Oct 14, 2020
Truck Year
It was enough to get me back to the dealership where the EGR was replaced with OEM but not the new design. I am still waiting on the new designed EGR.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
fmc wont admit to a problem of fires ,, it would open them up to hundreds of law suits but i hope u get them wish u luck