• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Crank No Start

Dizza2020

Jun 15, 2023
Truck Year
I have had this truck for about 4 years now and I have 185k miles now. My newest issue with truck is one day randomly the truck began to go in limp mode and would not go above like 40mph. Service electronic throttle light came on. Shutoff truck and tried to restart and it cranked a few times and shut off. Eventually the truck did start and it started talking about crankshaft position sensor error code. I was told first to clean map sensor abd egr valve which I did and clear codes. Truck did same thing but eventually started. After research I was told to replace crankshaft position sensor so I bought not knowing this required dropping the transmission out. Later I was told to erase codes again and try before dropping transmission but now truck will crank maybe 3 times and completely shutoff. Now the error codes are not even coming up but truck will not start. Any suggestions before I tear this apart to check reluctor wheel(common issue) ?