• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Eco diesel 3.0l

Washushi1

Aug 29, 2021
Truck Year
I just replaced the exhaust gas recirculation cooler bypass valve and a few other EGR parts. My mechanic had tried several times to get the check engine light to go off. He said I might have to take it to the dealer to have it flashed? Can anyone help me?

fmatiella

Jul 29, 2021
Truck Year
I just replaced the exhaust gas recirculation cooler bypass valve and a few other EGR parts. My mechanic had tried several times to get the check engine light to go off. He said I might have to take it to the dealer to have it flashed? Can anyone help me?
Sometimes the "Check Engine" light will come on if you have been driving it around town at lower speeds for a while. I have had that light come on on me several times. It has something to do with carbon or some other shit accumulating in a sensor or something. Eventually, it will start running rough. I checked with my dealership mechanic and he asked me how I drove. Without ever checking for codes, he told me tp het on the freewat and run it at 65 to 75 mph for ten miles. It cleared the codes and the "Check engine" light went out. The second time the light came on, I did the same thing and the light went off again. Mind you, if you are in stop and go traffic, idling a lot and driving at speeds under 40 MPH for long periods of time, it will come on again. It is nothing serious unless you let it go. Just go out to your local freeway and floor it to 70 MPG for about 10 miles and it should clear it. If it does not clear it, then you take it to a mechanic and pay for a scan. Good Luck!!