• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Ecodiesel - Amazing performance and mileage before recall, total dog after the recall.

Craig R

Jul 31, 2019
Truck Year
I couldn't have been happier with the truck until this spring. Then it had a check engine light for an exhaust temp sensor error and intermittent throttle position sensor error. The day I took it in for repair and ECM recall, it went into limp mode on the freeway right in the middle of a lane change. It was like I slammed on the brakes! WTF?!! The dealer did the recall work, cleared the error codes and did a regen. They also said that the emissions components would be covered under the new (recall) extended warranty if it happens again. So.... not bad components, but software problems?? Anyway, the recall software update is total crap! It does NOT drive the same and it does NOT get the same mileage! I lost 3 mpg. When the engine is cold, I step on the accelerator and it takes 2-3 seconds before the truck even moves. When it does, it often squeals the tires. In city driving, even when the engine is warm, it reminds me of driving a 1985 Chevy 350 "diesel". I'm furious at FCA. People are going to get in wrecks because of the lack of throttle response!

Joe r krenek

Jul 31, 2019
Truck Year
I couldn't have been happier with the truck until this spring. Then it had a check engine light for an exhaust temp sensor error and intermittent throttle position sensor error. The day I took it in for repair and ECM recall, it went into limp mode on the freeway right in the middle of a lane change. It was like I slammed on the brakes! WTF?!! The dealer did the recall work, cleared the error codes and did a regen. They also said that the emissions components would be covered under the new (recall) extended warranty if it happens again. So.... not bad components, but software problems?? Anyway, the recall software update is total crap! It does NOT drive the same and it does NOT get the same mileage! I lost 3 mpg. When the engine is cold, I step on the accelerator and it takes 2-3 seconds before the truck even moves. When it does, it often squeals the tires. In city driving, even when the engine is warm, it reminds me of driving a 1985 Chevy 350 "diesel". I'm furious at FCA. People are going to get in wrecks because of the lack of throttle response!
I had the new software put in for the emissions recall the middle of June and I am having the same problems you are having ... loss of gas mileage and hesitation. I haven't gotten anywhere with the dealer or FCA. Something needs to be done!

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the group u have to tune the truck. For it to b right

Jul 20, 2019
Truck Year
Here’s a thought guys... start the truck and let it get to temp before jumping on the road and jumping on it.. I read all these post and everyone is saying when it’s cold it don’t go.... let it warm up in the driveway before heading out. With all the crap with spun bearings and rods flying out of these motors... I don’t put mine in gear until it’s warmed up. It’s peace of mind for me... hit the remote start and let it idle for a few mins before driving. Just my 2 cents. Yea I lost a little mpg but don’t care truck isn’t a Prius so I’m still happy that my 4x4 truck still gets in the 20s mpg

Wshaneb

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
I agree. I had mandatory code fix and now truck is not regening.....also excell. response from stop is bad....we are getting hosed. And this in my case after a complete engine fail at 18600 miles...took 5.5 months to fix. I am concerned I will have a other engine fail. I had to buy an extended warranty just to protect my huge investment. This is totally unacceptable.