• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Ecodiesel crapola

tstandish

Feb 12, 2020
Truck Year
I thought getting the new 1500 diesel was the best thing since sliced bread! But it's really been a horrible experience. Everywhere I go now I just wait for the next engine light to come on.

I've had several issues with my Laramie, that I ordered in 2014, since I got it. Leaked oil on my driveway in the first 10,000 miles from a bad gasket, replaced the EGR cooler at 75,000 miles ($2,600), lost the lower intake manifold( after raising hell in the dealership they covered under some FCA insurance for $500) and now the problems after the flash.

Flash was done at the end of last may. Three days later I changed the oil and the fuel filter, lost the high pressure fuel pump. After getting it towed to Lake Norman Dodge where I bought it, they kept it for a week, changed it out at no cost and gave it back. One hour later I started the truck up and the whole electrical system went crazy including the alarm system. So I disconnected the battery, called the tow truck and sent it back to the dealership. Three weeks after getting the truck back that time, I was two hour from the house when the engine light started blinking. Pulled over, got out of the truck to investigate and found diesel fuel all over the ground. So now at a dealership two hours from the house they replaced the fuel rail and all the fuel lines. At this point I'd had the truck towed three times since the first week of June. Right before Christmas I changed the fuel filter out again and again blew the high pressure fuel pump again. This time they dropped the tank and cleaned it out, replaced the high pressure and low pressure pumps, all new fuel lines, and the fuel rail. Six days after I got the truck back the engine light comes on again and I was told it was the thermostat, even though the truck has never ran hot once. Two days after that the glow plug light keeps coming on and off. Dealership was checking to see if the glow plugs were covered under the warranty but of course I haven't heard back from anyone.

I submitted my claim by mail, big mistake, to the FCA same day the same day I had the flash done at the end of May and still have not received an offer. I've called like five times and I'm still waiting to hear from the case manager from the first call. what an absolutely frustrating experience! I'm not sure what to do even if I do get the offer.

I can't believe there is not another class action lawsuit going on now with all the problems I've read on forums with others having as wide as range of problems after the flash. The lag in acceleration alone should demand it. I guess the FCA's actuaries are waiting on a certain number of people to get hurt before they act.

Now the new recall on the EGR cooler with no confirmed solution other than the parts are on order.

I would love to be part of a class action if anyone hears of one going on. It really just sucks that I paid over $50,000 for my truck and no one cares about the problems were having. Dealerships point the issues at Ram who they don't seem to represent (or is that just Lake Norman Dodge?). Not to mention the trucks are almost worthless at this point. I'd love to trade the truck in but I don't want to pass my problems on to someone else. I just want the FCA to take ownership of their problems and correct them. Is that to much to ask?

Thanks for letting me bitch and get it out og my system

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its the F in FCA Fiat, the CA Chrysler America/Automobiles, Auburn Hills is No fan of VM Motori Cento Italy.

Just fine a Dealer that offers lifetime warranty on used vehicles and dump it, I have Stated this for Decades Buying Used "Generally" buying someone else's problems, so adjust the $ for the worst case scenario. Buyer beware.

BRAD MILLER

Mar 22, 2017
Truck Year
I feel your pain. I'm one year out from a dead tone ring,covered. To a blown engine a month later at 77 and change not covered because of a banks bullet. I've opted out with Stern law awaiting class action..... so done!!!!!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The Banks Bullet is a Rail pressure modifier, I ran it for 3.5 Years, it added HP Via Rail pressure, its a safe way to add HP to any HPCR engine. IMO had absolutely nothing to do with your failure. My general stand is pay to Play, The VM 3.0 Slave to pay.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Just do OAs and you will know what you have, Knowledge is everything, The Rule, luck better than hope, just does not apply to the 3.0