• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Ecodiesel EGR failure

JPete

Sep 29, 2019
Truck Year
Hope someone can shed some light on my problem. My 2015 Ecodiesel has been at the dealer for 3 weeks with a failed EGR cooler. They have received , on separate shippments, two new coolers but neither fit as there was a design change. The adapters to make the new ones fit is on backorder until mid December!
This is my work truck and this is really putting me in a bind. Has anyone else had this issue? Can't believe that the adapters are on backorder that long. I will be without my truck for almost 4 months. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I plan on contacting Ram tomorrow. Don't know if that will do any good.

Pete

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group delete the egr system your truck will last years longer problem free only problem u will have to tune it

Sep 20, 2019
Truck Year
Im a cynical old man with the same exact problem. Please don't tell me about life vests when I;m already in the water struggling. Mine has been at the dealer almost a month. no end in sight. FCA has no incentive to correct a problem they have created. I did the AEM fix (LOL) in may, Documented the coolant lose for over a week vie dated pictures and Sept 7th it went Dead on side of road. I;m not asking to go to the head of the line. Im asking that they run a business like they want to keep me as a customer. If your using a lot of widgets, order more and find a new supplier also. Is your brother in law or friend worth loosing your business over. There is a reason they arrested one of your executives. There is an american supplier at half the cost or less. Bullet proof.

JPete

Sep 29, 2019
Truck Year
I was given a case # and manager this AM. I will post any progress. Supposedly I will hear from them within 48 hours. Looking for good news.

Tbar

Aug 24, 2019
Truck Year
Get a EGR Delete kit and drive it-----ridiculous that they won't have a part for 4 months!!!

Sep 20, 2019
Truck Year
I assume that you know that if you have had the AEM done and your vehicle is at a dealer for 30 days or more you are in the cue for a possible buy back. Good hammer to hold, even if not used.

JPete

Sep 29, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for that info. I have had the AEM done and have gone over the paperwork but cannot find where it says anything about a buyback. Can you direct me to where it says that? Thanks

Last edited: