• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 eco diesel 4x4 ..electronic throttle control

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hmmmmmm, Their some question on the plenum being covered ,Plus Waaaaaaaaay to much unknowns for guarantee for reimbursement.

The settlement repairs are being covered under the Agreements service contract, its has NO to relationship to recalls or extended warranty.

I wouldn't be celebrating in advance of payment.

CSIMPSON

Feb 19, 2019
Truck Year
Mine just displayed ETC message this past Sunday which resulted in loss of power. Dealer said air filter was clogged. Just got the truck 2 months ago with 57k on it. Changed air filter and it runs fine. I'm guessing they just cleared the code? I still have not seen a regen message which leads me to believe that the daily 20 mile uphill helps with the temps and high rpm's?

Keep up the good work, novices like me appreciate it.

Last edited:

Jscar1222

Apr 11, 2019
Truck Year
Mine did the same thing on thursday of last week. Took it to my local dealer, and they said they would need to replace the egr cooler and the intake manifold. Got a call today, and they sent me pictures of my cylinder heads which were melted at the valves. Now they are talking about replacing the engine. I bought this truck on March 1st.....

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep , the 3.0 Caked Valve warping, detonation.

Jscar1222

Apr 11, 2019
Truck Year
I have no idea what to do with this now... It's my only vehicle and I am just completely scatterbrained at the moment

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Just called the dealership and asked about it. They told me to call Chrysler. Called Chrysler and they told me to call the EcoDiesel Settlement number (1-833-280-4748). Called them and the woman said that I would need to pay for the repairs up front, but I could submit a claim for reimbursement after May 1st and get the money back. WooHoo!!!!
nothing like getting spent money back! Happy for you!

Kimberlyhope

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
Yep...It will require stationary ash/de-sooting, its unlikely the dealer will spend the time to correct it properly...it will just return in the future...

How many miles on the truck?
32000 at the time this happened . now 36500 and it is happening again. First time they charged me 350$ said it was considered maintenance. I dont know what they will.come up with now

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I cleaned My Intake (Foamed) and De-sooted (Stationary) every 10-12K miles, I tossed the towel in, Both EGR and Intake were replaced warranty at 44K Miles.

If your Use is DD and Now that You cannot tune I would sell. Its only time before the EPA shuts down on road tuning.

Kimberlyhope

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
I cleaned My Intake (Foamed) and De-sooted (Stationary) every 10-12K miles, I tossed the towel in, Both EGR and Intake were replaced warranty at 44K Miles.

If your Use is DD and Now that You cannot tune I would sell. Its only time before the EPA shuts down on road tuning.
Why can I not tune?

Kimberlyhope

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
Why can I not tune?
I just received a call from the dealership they did a manual regen and a oil change. It was not due for oc for another 500 miles. and said the reason that it would not regenerate itself was because the oil velocity was low.. btw they did my last oil change

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
WOW, the Velocity was low Hmmmmm.

GDE/PPEI On/Off road tuning has been shut down by the EPA.

Eco1

Sep 27, 2019
Truck Year
Does anyone here use the Pedal Commander? It is supposed to help the lag when you press the pedal.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
every one that wanted a good running truck tuned it now the epa is shutting the tuners down that other shit is junk