• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 ecodiesel rolls over but won t start

Rgor06

Nov 6, 2021
Truck Year
I have a 2016 eco diesel drove home last nite park turned off ignition and this morning it rolls over but will not start any idea what could be wrong

Rgor06

Nov 6, 2021
Truck Year
How would i go about checking the lift pump

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Turn the key to run, but not all the way to engage the starter and listen carefully near the bed to hear the pump turn on, the pump should run for 5-10 seconds at a whine sound.

Rgor06

Nov 6, 2021
Truck Year
I can hear the pump start and run it stop after about 20 seconds

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Hm, it may be losing prime. I don’t think mine runs that long. You can try the same procedure 3 times then attempt to start. Have you serviced the fuel filter? Are any codes present?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It runs 10-20 seconds (Feed in tank Pump) , Plus you need to allow the internal Clock to re-set before it will run ... again ... W/O engine running.

Also it needs to make more then 45/50PSI to overcome the COV in the CP4 to open the FCA feed circuit, plus you need to make more then 1800PSI Cranking rail Pressure for the Pressure sensor to send signal to ECM/PCM to Fire the hot hole. This is 1 of many reasons why it won't start.