• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 ecodiesel transmission over heating.

Tony Gibbs

Nov 11, 2019
Truck Year
Why would my transmission overheat on my 16 ecodiesel? And was not pulling nothing. Just going up a hill coming home from California.

Rudeboy

Nov 18, 2019
Truck Year
From what I have read on this site, it looks like the Thermal management unit is to blame. Need to do more investigation.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Why would my transmission overheat on my 16 ecodiesel? And was not pulling nothing. Just going up a hill coming home from California.
Just a quick question, was your transmission stock or did you have a transmission tune installed?

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
3 years back mine showed it overheated, I was holding it to the floor trying to stay at 70 on a fairly steep long climb. I was pulling a loaded flat trailer, since then I have pulled travel trailers up the same climb without a hot message. I have however stopped holding it to the floor on that climb as mine seems a lot happier at 55 for climbing.