• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 EcoDiesel

Top Dawg

Nov 11, 2016
Truck Year
Just received my notice of the settlement if the court approves. I still do not believe this alleviates Fiat Chrysler from having to do a buyback. There is very little chance these diesels will still fall into compliance after the chip replacement. I also do not believe they will be able to match the mpg on the window sticker when I bought this. I love this truck, but I do not like all the issues. I have had my particulate filter replaced twice (24,000 miles on truck) and I am in no way a "granny driver". I just believe FCA is putting a temporary band-aid on this issue. What is everyone else's thoughts on this issue?

irongardenexpress

Feb 26, 2019
Truck Year
Im going to use the money to by a 70's chevy blazer with a new crate motor or maybe a 4bt cummins

Top Dawg

Nov 11, 2016
Truck Year
What if your engine is blown and F.C.A. doesn't want to warranty it???

I would have to say that if it was still under warranty, FCA has no choice but to replace the blown engine. If FCA does not want to honor their warranty, then it is time to get a lawyer. With the comments I have seen about blown engines and turbos under 75,000 miles, it would not surprise me if their wasn't another class action lawsuit filed. These trucks may soon fall under the lemon law as I have had mine to the dealership 5 times for recalls and 3 times for engine and emission issues. First particulate filter replacement took them one week to repair. Second time I was without my truck for two weeks.

BRAD MILLER

Mar 22, 2017
Truck Year
I would have to say that if it was still under warranty, FCA has no choice but to replace the blown engine. If FCA does not want to honor their warranty, then it is time to get a lawyer. With the comments I have seen about blown engines and turbos under 75,000 miles, it would not surprise me if their wasn't another class action lawsuit filed. These trucks may soon fall under the lemon law as I have had mine to the dealership 5 times for recalls and 3 times for engine and emission issues. First particulate filter replacement took them one week to repair. Second time I was without my truck for two weeks.

Top Dawg

Nov 11, 2016
Truck Year
FCA Is trying to claim my Banks Bullet as enough reason to void my warranty.

Yeah, those tuners are becoming a slippery slope. Easy way for the manufacturer to say that you voided your warranty.

BRAD MILLER

Mar 22, 2017
Truck Year
YUP, NEITHER ONE CAN I GUESS PROVE THE FAULT OF THE CAUSE OF THE ENGINE FAILURE, BUT WE ALL KNOW THE TRUTH OF THE ECO!!!!!! HOPEFULLY AN ARBITRATION WORKS OUT TO MY FAVOR... PRETTY SIMPLE,IT WAS AN INTERNAL ROTATING MASS FAILURE,NOT EVEN TORN DOWN BY THE DEALER TO FIND OUT ACTUAL CAUSE.....NO SMALL PRESSURE BOX IS GOING TO CAUSE WHAT HAPPENED TO MY ENGINE!!!!!

flyingpig333

Jun 21, 2016
Truck Year
Does anyone know what all is included in the new extended warranty that will be a part of the settlement? Will it cover issues with the emissions systems? I am having intermittent CEL for "Particulate Matter Sensor Circuit". Any thoughts on this, as well as the CEL issue would be very much appreciated. Thx!

Don Milliron

May 18, 2019
Truck Year
We traded our EcoDiesel, in for a 2017 regular diesel. It doesn't get the mileage that the EcoDiesel did, but we don't have the old problems that we were having.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Does anyone know what all is included in the new extended warranty that will be a part of the settlement? Will it cover issues with the emissions systems? I am having intermittent CEL for "Particulate Matter Sensor Circuit". Any thoughts on this, as well as the CEL issue would be very much appreciated. Thx!

Consent Decree Appendix E
Extended Emission Warranty
Subject to standard limitations that must be identified to Eligible Owners and Eligible
Lessees, which may set forth exclusions like accident, abuse, neglect, or installation of noncertified parts, and applicable existing warranty provisions that will remain in effect, the
Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair the items listed
below.
• Catalysts
o Diesel Oxidation Catalyst / Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Assembly
o Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) Catalyst
• Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System
o DEF Injector
o DEF Injector Controller
o DEF Storage Tank
o DEF Delivery Lines
o DEF Concentration Sensor (2016 Model Year Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand
Cherokee only)
o DEF Supply Module, Pump, & Temperature Sensor Unit
• Parts of the Fuel System
o Low Pressure Fuel Pump Module & Level Unit
o Fuel Injectors
o Fuel Rail
o High Pressure Fuel Line
o High Pressure Injection Pump & Regulator Unit
• Parts of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System
o EGR Cooler Tubes
o EGR Cooler
o EGR Valve
o EGR Temperature Sensor
o EGR Cooler bypass actuator
• Other Sensors That Are Covered
o Oxygen Sensors
o NOx Sensors
o Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor
o Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
o Fuel/Water Separator Sensor
o Intake Swirl Actuator Sensor
o Engine Camshaft Position Sensor
o Engine Crankshaft Position Sensor
o Particulate Matter Sensor
o Mass Airflow Sensor
o Boost Pressure Sensor
o Crankcase Pressure Sensor
o Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor
APPENDIX E TO CONSENT DECREE
MDL No. 2777 EMC
Case 3:17-md-02777-EMC Document 484-1 Filed 01/10/19 Page 207 of 224
o Throttle Valve
o Exhaust Temperature Sensor
o DPF Differential Pressure Sensor
• Engine Control Module (Computer)
• Transmission Control Module (Computer)/Valve Body & Solenoids
• Throttle Valve
• Cylinder Head Assembly, Including Valves, Springs, Valve Spring Keepers, Valve Seats,
Cam Bearing Caps, and Manifold Studs (Camshaft and other components of the assembly
are not covered)
• Engine Thermostat/housing/gasket
• The turbocharger system including all related hoses and pipes, all sensors and actuators.
Additionally, the Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of any OBD Diagnostic Scan
for malfunctions that trigger the OBD Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), regardless of whether
the malfunction is attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Warranty