• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 Ram Eco Limited GPS problems.

k9s4hire

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Just got back from Vacation. Drove from Tacoma WA to Las Vegas then San Diego and back home. The GPS was worthless. A couple of times the screen in the cluster said turn left while the main screen said turn right. We asked "Travellink" for the nearest low cost diesel and it proceeded to sends us on a wild goose chase that stated "You have reached your destination" in the middle of a residential area. Not an intersection. We continued on thinking maybe it was just off a bit. The next intersection had 4 gas stations. Not the one listed and none had diesel. The navigation system did other odd things too long to list. I stopped by Henderson Dodge and asked the tech if he had heard of such problems and he (of course) said "No". He suggested that if it persists I should take it to my local dealer.... Thanks Sherlock.
Has anyone else had a problem like this?
My wife and I also have a 2015 Charger and the Nav system in that vehicle is rock solid.
The Ram has an Alpine system. The Charger has a "Beats" system.
TIA

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
I can't say I have the same issues, maybe the local dealer can update the maps/unit??

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I haven't had this issue. I will say that when I asked the Dealer about map updates I was informed it was all online, load update onto thumb drive and load onto system. It does sound like your Dealer is the best bet since the Dealer when you are traveling doesn't feel any allegiance to you as customer. Long story blown engine in GM at dealer in Whitefish Montana put us last on list since we were from out of town and had extended warranty insurance. Too bad dealer did not know that I know who to call and our family members knew the Owner. Good Luck.