• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 3.0L DEF delete

Jacobcstarks

Mar 18, 2022
Truck Year
I have looked and looked and not seeing anything bout the 2017, wanted to do a DEF delete however wanting recommendations on the best way to do it, I have had this truck for about a month, I work in West Texas and drive slow on these lease roads and am constantly getting the message to run at highways speeds to clean and I’m usually barley 5 hours into my shift working a 12, 7 days a week so having that deleted would be best just not too sure on how to do it. Or where to even begin.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Get a tune. My SFT Stage 1 tune now deletes the DEF system, didn't have to lose any parts. When I return to stock tune, everything is intact with DEF system working. Keeps the dealer happy. I actually was upset when they made this change because I think the DEF system is a good one. I would still rather have the DEF system working in tune as well. However, your situation would benefit and not be getting those messages.

Jacobcstarks

Mar 18, 2022
Truck Year
First diesel, and like EFI Live? That would be good or you have a recommendation

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
First diesel, and like EFI Live? That would be good or you have a recommendation
GDE has an emissions compliant tune that keeps the EGT working
Many, including me, want a tune that shuts off the EGT. Two tuners whose tunes shut off the EGT and get recommended a lot are SFT and MRT. There are a couple of others, but they get very controversial reviews.

I know nothing about EFI Live

Critter76

Aug 8, 2021
Truck Year
I have looked and looked and not seeing anything bout the 2017, wanted to do a DEF delete however wanting recommendations on the best way to do it, I have had this truck for about a month, I work in West Texas and drive slow on these lease roads and am constantly getting the message to run at highways speeds to clean and I’m usually barley 5 hours into my shift working a 12, 7 days a week so having that deleted would be best just not too sure on how to do it. Or where to even begin.
Sofaking

Critter76

Aug 8, 2021
Truck Year
www.sofakingtuned.com