• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 Ram ED

tlbaldwin

Jul 9, 2021
Truck Year
Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself (didn't realize there was actually a forum for EDs. SWEET!) My name is Tia and I purchased my 2017 Ram ED last year with 30,000 miles on it. So far I LOVE my truck! I had a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 work truck with an 8ft bed before this but I will saw I don't think I will ever go back to a gas truck again. I am actually getting double the miles out of my ED with a smaller tank than I did in my other truck. Don't get me wrong, I loved my GMC and it was my first truck and was so sad to trade it in but was so well worth it!

I have so much to learn about this truck. I own a horse and actually haul currently a bumper pull 2 horse straight load trailer. I have also been doing some hauling on the side for extra money as well for people (actually just did an 18 hr day yesterday). I am looking to actually upgrade to a gooseneck hitch at this time.

Gooseneck trailers are a whole new thing to me so I would love to have some advice and tips! I will do some research to see what all my weigh limits are and such (so much to remember!) but would love to hear some feedback in the meantime!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! I’m not too familiar with goose neck setups. I believe the ratings on these trucks are 7000-7700 pounds depending on your gear ratio and 2wd or 4wd. This rating should be listed on your sticker on your drivers door, or possibly on the door jamb. I can’t remember where mine is but I’ll take a look when I can!