• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2018 ecodiesel forced regen with alpha and MX+obd2.

Jbarrett

Jan 20, 2022
Truck Year
Help.... I just bought alpha OBD2 app to force a regen. FILTER 100% FULL. I get to the last step and it fails.

Kitlope

Sep 12, 2022
Truck Year
Help.... I just bought alpha OBD2 app to force a regen. FILTER 100% FULL. I get to the last step and it fails.
Did u find a answer to your problem? I just ordered the same tuner and app to do a regen.

Jbarrett

Jan 20, 2022
Truck Year
Did u find a answer to your problem? I just ordered the same tuner and app to do a regen.
Got it working. It depends on year of truck. My problem was from 2018 and up, there is a security gateway that prevents non dealer code readers to make changes. I had to order a security gateway bypass. 50 bucks for a wiring harness that fits in the obd port with 2 jumpers that bypass the software.

Kitlope

Sep 12, 2022
Truck Year
Got it working. It depends on year of truck. My problem was from 2018 and up, there is a security gateway that prevents non dealer code readers to make changes. I had to order a security gateway bypass. 50 bucks for a wiring harness that fits in the obd port with 2 jumpers that bypass the software.
Oh right on. Mine is a 2016 so it should be good then?

Jbarrett

Jan 20, 2022
Truck Year
Yes, it should be good. It's pretty easy to use. Also I would recommend cleaning the map sensor if you haven't already.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
At times you want to run the stationery desoot more than once,just drive it 2+miles and you can perform the service again, the more soot you burn off the less chance of ash build up,ash cannot be burned-out, if the DPF gets plugged with ash it must be removed and physically cleaned out.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Can you attach a link for the jumper? I have an '18 and have encountered the same issue with the Alpha. Fails at the last step.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year