• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2018 Ram 1500 Eco diesel

Imbusy78

Jan 30, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
New to the page and the diesel world as I just purchased my first in a 2018 1500 ecodiesel. Only driven a few times but so far I'm tickled. I've been reading up on peddle commander to eliminate the throttle lag but thought I'd drive a bit to see if I get used to it.

Read up on mopar recommendations for maintenance and seems reasonable with changing fuel filter every other oil change and draining every change....anything else I should know?

WhiteLighting

Jan 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Read up on the GDE tune, deleting the EGR, DPF, and the SGR (catalitic converter I think)
Grab one of those drain plug things for the oil changes, and everyone says to only use Mopar fuel filters. For oil they say Ecoguard is okay, but I grabbed a Mopar one for now.

Imbusy78

Jan 30, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I was already looking into GDE. Emailed to inquire about of it would effect warranty. (They say dealership wont pick up change unless I tell them so that's nice)

WhiteLighting

Jan 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Oh and checkout CFT performance as well. Everyone says they are a top notch diesel shop.

Imbusy78

Jan 30, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I know I saw the fuel filter housing tool somewhere but I'm having trouble locating it again. One of you point me in right direction or have the link?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Imbusy78

Jan 30, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I dont think that was the brand but I'm not picky! Haha thanks!. Still have a few thousand miles before first oil change and water drain but figured I'd get ahead of it