• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2018 Ram 1500 Laramie Eco Diesel Towing

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
Haven't been on here for awhile. Now have about 50000 on the clock and I really like the truck, no problems, just regular maintenance. I have been towing a converted cargo trailer into a toy hauler and all I did was put some air bags on. Tows great and gets around 15 to 16 mpg while towning. I am thinking of going to a larger toy hauler about 28 ft, with a hitch weight of about 750 lbs and trailer weight of 7000 plus probably about 1000 lbs of toys and cargo. Question is, would the truck still tow that properly if I just added a equalizer hitch. Another question is their a way to tell how many miles I have towed when I have the tow haul mode turned on. Thanks for replys.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Haven't been on here for awhile. Now have about 50000 on the clock and I really like the truck, no problems, just regular maintenance. I have been towing a converted cargo trailer into a toy hauler and all I did was put some air bags on. Tows great and gets around 15 to 16 mpg while towning. I am thinking of going to a larger toy hauler about 28 ft, with a hitch weight of about 750 lbs and trailer weight of 7000 plus probably about 1000 lbs of toys and cargo. Question is, would the truck still tow that properly if I just added a equalizer hitch. Another question is their a way to tell how many miles I have towed when I have the tow haul mode turned on. Thanks for replys.
Are you talking about a weight distribution hitch?

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
Yes I am, thanks

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Yes I am, thanks
There is no way to track your towing mileage through the truck. You will need to write it down each time. As far as the weight. I have always used the WDH with my camper. Make sure you adjust it evenly. The truck will pull fine. Just take your time driving. Make sure your trailer brakes are adjusted to the right setting. Mine was 8. When you stop for fuel or the jon, let it idle. It needs to cool down.

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
There is no way to track your towing mileage through the truck. You will need to write it down each time. As far as the weight. I have always used the WDH with my camper. Make sure you adjust it evenly. The truck will pull fine. Just take your time driving. Make sure your trailer brakes are adjusted to the right setting. Mine was 8. When you stop for fuel or the jon, let it idle. It needs to cool down.
Thanks for info.