• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2019 echo diesel check engine light on

Cgradney

Aug 25, 2023
Truck Year
engine light is on, first time it came on code was exhaust temp too low, then it went off. Second time it came on code was nitrogen oxide sensor need replacing. Brought to dealer they said they have to order a EGR cooler and that will stop those codes. Does this sound correct?..

Cgradney

Aug 25, 2023
Truck Year
truck is scheduled to go to dealer on the 20th to replace the EGR cooler. I will have them take pictures of the inside the tube to see how it looks. I’m not sure if the new cooler comes with a new tube or not but I will acquire about it. These dealer ships are not quick to repair critical parts. The high pressure fuel pump has been almost 2 years since I received the letter, dealer is still saying ram is not releasing any yet. These dealers are quick to sale you a vehicle with extended warranty but hesitate to repair it.

KINGKOTA78

Sep 9, 2023
Truck Year
Have you noticed less coolant in you revisor then that’s normal in there ?

Cgradney

Aug 25, 2023
Truck Year
It’s a tad bit lower than I remember. I’m not sure if it’s unlevel ground it’s setting on now. Is that something I need to watch for. I usually check it, since you ask I looked closely and just a cunt hair lower than where I last filed it.

KINGKOTA78

Sep 9, 2023
Truck Year
I’m guessing the reason they want to replace it is because it is cranked internal. Could be just starting to crank and not consuming a lot of coolant you should see some other signs of failure though I had a good article that went though the failure symptoms. I’ll find it and post it on here .

Cgradney

Aug 25, 2023
Truck Year
What they told me was the valve is not opening and closing correctly. That’s why I’m getting low exhaust temp codes and nitrogen oxide sensor replacement codes. Does that sound correct?

KINGKOTA78

Sep 9, 2023
Truck Year
Oh ok so sounds like an EGR valve failure. I can find a EGR valve for a 2014-2018 but from what I can tell online it looks like the valve is integrated into the cooler after 2018. I’m guessing that why they have to replace the whole cooler. Sorry man that a stupid design. I have to replace egr valves a lot at the shop I work at so makes no sense to make one that’s not replaceable without changing the whole cooler. I work on semi trucks so you might wanna do some research to see what you can find because I’m not an expert on eco diesel but that’s what I think is going on.

Cgradney

Aug 25, 2023
Truck Year
Thanks anyway, yea plus as of today as I was traveling I noticed my truck would pick up speed like it should. So I rushed home and parked it. Now I have something else going on. Something to add to the repairs when it goes in Wednesday. I’m strongly thinking about trading at this point. I’m afraid once my extended warranty is up I will have issues that’s costly. I just replaced the suspension with vertex coilovers and new Toyo tires too.