• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2019 ecodiesel ram 1500 starting issue

Apr 12, 2022
Truck Year
just install a rebuilt engine and i cant seem to get it to run. It will turn over for about two seconds and try to run . I checked fuel rail pressure its about 8000 psi when cranking but only about 49 just when i turn the truck on. if i keep trying to crank truck over and hold gas peddle about half way i can get it started but it wont idle unless i hold the peddle down . i do hear fuel pump in tank going i was wondering if fuel injectors are shutting off how do i test to see if there's power to the fuel injector connectors

Longtime1876

May 7, 2022
Truck Year
Do you have all the injector codes input correctly to the ecm?

Apr 12, 2022
Truck Year
yes and i can get it to run now but only if the temp sensor is unplugged i thought it was the coolant sensor so i changed it but thats not it .it seems like it shorting out or something i check the harness and grounds to ecm they all seem ok

Longtime1876

May 7, 2022
Truck Year
yes and i can get it to run now but only if the temp sensor is unplugged i thought it was the coolant sensor so i changed it but thats not it .it seems like it shorting out or something i check the harness and grounds to ecm they all seem ok
That's a new one..definitely sounds like a fault in the harness. Sounds like that will be fun to chase. Been working a lot. Figure it out?