• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2020 Ecodiesel died while driving

hankinpageaz

Sep 8, 2022
Truck Year
Hi, my ecodiesel died while driving on I 15 freeway near Mesquite, NV. This happened on Dec. 15, 2023. I saw on the dash screen, hot engine temperature, low oil level, and the rpm went up to 3000+ rpm. Currently it is at the dealership in St. George UT. They have not diagnosed what the problem is. They could not start the truck. Previously this truck was repaired at this dealership for an oil leak on the timing chain cover. It also had the pedal replaced for over revving. The truck was returned to me from the dealership on 11-13-23. A month later this happens.
The dealership said the truck not start and needed a starter to start the vehicle to diagnose the problem. The starter is on back order. I do not believe it needs a starter.
I don't not have a clue what to do on this truck. I wanted to post on this forum to see if anyone has had this problem and what they had for a fix. The truck has around 84,000 miles on it. It is still under warranty for the drive train. I have never had a problem with this truck until I saw the oil leak and wanted it repaired under the drive train warranty.