• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2020 EcoDiesel oil leak

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
New member here and first post....coming from a crew cab Powerstroke and so far loving my 2020 1500 Ecodiesel. Unfortunately at 35, yes 35 miles, it developed an oil leak. I cleaned it up a few times and tried to monitor/locate where it was coming from. Finally took it to the dealer at 205 miles. Should have an update within a day or two. Despite the leak, I love the truck, the power, shifting and pretty much everything about it. Hopefully get good news and the dealership has been great so far.

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
Update from the dealer, upper oil pan gasket. Part is on order and should be there this Friday or Saturday. Will update once I have it back and if that solves the leak.

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
Just an update, got the truck back yesterday and all is well. Parts took way longer to get here than originally thought. Cab off procedure and they created a couple of fuel line leaks in the process but at the end of the day, everything is fixed and not leaking. All wire ties, grommets and everything else I could see were put back or new. Very happy with the service tech and dealership.

Hopefully now I can enjoy my new truck!!

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
I celebrated prematurely, leak is back and way worse than before. Back to the dealership tomorrow morning.

stitzlein

Jul 19, 2020
Truck Year
I celebrated prematurely, leak is back and way worse than before. Back to the dealership tomorrow morning.
Has your issue been resolved? I just got a new 2020 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 3 weeks ago, and found an oil leak on my garage floor. Just over 600 miles...

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
Oh.....man I am sorry to hear that. After two attempts to repair and the dealership on the phone with STAR support, they ultimately decided they wanted my engine sent to MI for an engineering study.

Total engine replacement. Was at the dealership a very long time.

Dealership was as helpful as they could be under the circumstances and provided a loaner truck the entire time. No issues since the engine replacement and I hope that continues.

Keep us up to date and good luck!!

stitzlein

Jul 19, 2020
Truck Year
Oh.....man I am sorry to hear that. After two attempts to repair and the dealership on the phone with STAR support, they ultimately decided they wanted my engine sent to MI for an engineering study.

Total engine replacement. Was at the dealership a very long time.

Dealership was as helpful as they could be under the circumstances and provided a loaner truck the entire time. No issues since the engine replacement and I hope that continues.

Keep us up to date and good luck!!
Thanks for the update. Hate to hear you were without your truck for so long but sounds like they went above and beyond to make it right. Fingers crossed it goes in tomorrow. I will keep the thread updated as things progress.