• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2020 Service Bulletin Software Upgrade Issue

echoindiana

Dec 26, 2023
Truck Year
Took newly purchased 2020 ED to dealer to complete factory service bulletins. One such bulletin was a "routine" software upgrade "to the rear camera," according to service advisor. Hour and half later, SA tells me they have attempted the upgrade only to have "the radio" (service adviser's word), aka the center display screen, throw a malfunction note and to reload software update. This was attempted (3) times without success. I suggested to Service Manager that maybe the software upgrade was somehow corrupted. He stated that they had used this same thumb drive to upgrade over 100 vehicles, furthermore that the tech performing the upgrade performed similar software upgrades on nearly all such vehicles brought into the service department. The Service Manager and tech were stumped and stated they would have to contact their regional technical service department. So I came in with a perfectly running truck, with respect to the rear camera and all other systems, but left with no camera or display screen function. Anyone experience a similar problem?