• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2021 Eco diesel

Rooster

Oct 11, 2023
Truck Year
High pressure fuel pump failed. Under warranty. They can’t fix it. It’s been 6 months. When can I expect a buyout? Or can DadgeRam just keep me sidelined for years?

offgridcabin

Oct 16, 2023
Truck Year
It's time to flood utube with a video a day on all the crap FCA is doing to ecodiesel owners...and probably the gas trucks with the fuel management system that eats the lifters ect. Perhaps a few thousand videos everyday would wake up NSHTA and get these problems fixed... everybody paid hard earned money to buy these trucks in anticipation of having something that would last 300000 miles. My peice of shit only lasted 40000 from when i bought it (used at 88K)

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It's time to flood utube with a video a day on all the crap FCA is doing to ecodiesel owners...and probably the gas trucks with the fuel management system that eats the lifters ect. Perhaps a few thousand videos everyday would wake up NSHTA and get these problems fixed... everybody paid hard earned money to buy these trucks in anticipation of having something that would last 300000 miles. My peice of shit only lasted 40000 from when i bought it (used at 88K)
So... 128k you had the tone wheel failure which is recalled so they pay for it?

quadredun

Sep 4, 2023
Truck Year
High pressure fuel pump failed. Under warranty. They can’t fix it. It’s been 6 months. When can I expect a buyout? Or can DadgeRam just keep me sidelined for years?
The high pressure fuel pump recall is an absolute joke. I have received 3 letters to call dealer and schedule service but no parts or instructions available. I have also received numerous solicitations to buy my truck back. Stellantis just doesn't care.

offgridcabin

Oct 16, 2023
Truck Year
So... 128k you had the tone wheel failure which is recalled so they pay for it?
No the water pump and the 3 way valve started leaking, dealer wants 3280.00 to repair with factory oem parts.... I have a local diesel mechanic that will repair signifantly cheaper, and i'm going with a gates water pump.... and then getting rid of the p.o.s. and getting a toyota tundra.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
No the water pump and the 3 way valve started leaking, dealer wants 3280.00 to repair with factory oem parts.... I have a local diesel mechanic that will repair signifantly cheaper, and i'm going with a gates water pump.... and then getting rid of the p.o.s. and getting a toyota tundra.
That's reasonable miles for a water pump. Not uncommon of any vehicle. Yes the OE pump is 700, obviously you found the aftermarket 100 one. The valve, a thermostat and 5 hours of labor. Welcome to vehicle ownership. I don't find your fault to be fca in this case.

Dougeco

Nov 7, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've got 70,000 miles on my 2021 Ram ecodiesel and received my first recall notice on the fuel pump about a year ago. No parts available. I've had several conversations with Ram on this. To the OP, when yours failed, and they kept the truck for months, did they give you a loaner, and was it a similar pickup truck?

Craig Ward

Nov 16, 2023
Truck Year
Just got mine back after 2 months in the shop. I called Ram customer care twice a week, every week. I guess they got tired of hearing me. When I didn't get my case worker I asked for their supervisor, if I didn't get them I asked for their supervisor until someone answered me.

Averagejoe

Sep 8, 2023
Truck Year
Same for me. 3-1/2 months before I got it back. They only paid for a rental truck for 5 days and are supposed to pay me for the rental car to drive 4 hours away to get the truck. It Died on vacation 250 miles away from home. They refused any reimbursement for fuel, tolls or my time. I had to find some of the parts myself or I still wouldn’t have it back. I was told the repair would take 1 to 2 days once the parts were in but it was another 3-1/2 weeks before it was ready after they had the parts.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
How is that Tundra working out?

Ecodiesel18

Aug 11, 2023
Truck Year
Think the hpfp will be available soon in 2024. But i have waited for 10 months total for a engine under warranty and a second replacement engine only 3 weeks apart. Some of engines shipped were bad mid summer. Quality control in Italy must be terrible. A new shipment coming in January. Cranks not forged correctly and rod bearings going. No buyback offered while my vehicle lost thousands in value sitting there. Will never buy a Stelantis product again. Buy back only happens within 1-2 years of ownership. Rules protect them not customer. They should at least give me a new vehicle off the lot at a discount for my troubles. Nothing offered no matter my complaints. Just terrible. Jeep cares just calls the dealership like i do. Good luck. Let us know if any updates.

Ecodiesel18

Aug 11, 2023
Truck Year
As some have mentioned Jan 2024 Mopar has produce more ecodiesel engines for those who have failures or multiple failures. I finally got my 2018 jeep ecodiesel back from dealership today in Jan 2024. Just to review crank cracked 4/23- no engines until 9/23 (remanufactured non mopar but still under warranty) it failed 3 weeks later (was not put together and bottom end went bad again). Engine as with most people failed with perfect care and maintenance. At dealership 10/23-1/24. Software and battery replaced again fortunately all under warranty due to lengthy fix time and bringing back. Overall dealership has been good in end of the day as far as no fees out of my pocket. Waiting for VM/Mopar to get new engines was the issue. Hopefully everyone has a reliable motor now 2024 and never has another failure again. Thanks for all the advice. Keep bothering jeep cares than can do goodwill to save you some money but you have to stick with it often for months.