• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2nd eco diesel down!

Rizz54

Apr 14, 2022
Truck Year
I gave it a second chance and bought another one after having 8 months of trouble with a 2016 and finally getting rid of it. I went to a Chevy and wasn’t happy with the size and ride so I found a 2018 with 58000 miles on it. Another Laramie, loaded with rambox. I drove it for 3 days and on my first day to my new job, at 5am BOOM the motor blew. WTF another POS eco diesel motor??? What are the odds?! Gen 2 I thought they had it fixed?

Ironcity

Dec 16, 2020
Truck Year
I gave it a second chance and bought another one after having 8 months of trouble with a 2016 and finally getting rid of it. I went to a Chevy and wasn’t happy with the size and ride so I found a 2018 with 58000 miles on it. Another Laramie, loaded with rambox. I drove it for 3 days and on my first day to my new job, at 5am BOOM the motor blew. WTF another POS eco diesel motor??? What are the odds?! Gen 2 I thought they had it fixed?
I think 2016 and 2018 have the same generation engine.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Wow! What are the odds of that? Sorry to hear of your bad luck.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Rizza54, its common knowledge that the VM 3.0 is Hero or Zero Status. It's NOT worth the risk to buy another...IMO..There are 1000s of 2014-18 Ram VM3.0 pickups on 3Rd Motor. The only reason 2020-22 Ram VM 3.0 frequency of failures are not posting is the sells #s is rock bottom...

Even more alarming is the head in the sand atmosphere that surrounds the failures. I can't even comprehend the financial disaster that VM has put 1000s of owners into.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Rizzr4. its Fiat VM that's the problem, Ram is not.... Ram Wanted Fiat to not bring VM 3.0 to N/A, but Fiat did it anyways.... I hope this additional failure does not hurt beyond the $$$$. My guess the 2022/23 will be the last Year for 1/2 Ton DSL Rams and VM.