• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2wd Leveling kit

ECO.Dee

Jan 15, 2017
Truck Year
Hello all

New to the site and have been trying to research this problem i have encountered. If this has been asked and answered before i alologize but I did not find it. I have read and have been told contradicting information over how to properly level lift our trucks. I have been told coil spacers will cause upper ball joint issues and to use bilstein 5100. 4wheel parts then tells me no, use coil spacers and new UCA. Bilsteins will cause the ball joint issues. So my question is what is the best route to take? Coil spacers or bilstein 5100? Can i use bilstein in a 2wd? Any kit/part #s will be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

C130BadaBing

Jan 25, 2018
Truck Year
Hello all

New to the site and have been trying to research this problem i have encountered. If this has been asked and answered before i alologize but I did not find it. I have read and have been told contradicting information over how to properly level lift our trucks. I have been told coil spacers will cause upper ball joint issues and to use bilstein 5100. 4wheel parts then tells me no, use coil spacers and new UCA. Bilsteins will cause the ball joint issues. So my question is what is the best route to take? Coil spacers or bilstein 5100? Can i use bilstein in a 2wd? Any kit/part #s will be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Did you ever come up with a solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Bilstein 5100 do not work with the 2wd they do not use a coil over setup. Your choices with 2wd is different coils or coil spacers or knuckle lift. The knuckle lifts usually change track witdh and look funny. If you go with coil spacers you well need either different shocks or shock spacers to match.