• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

3 Time Owner

Errmania

Jan 13, 2020
Truck Year
Hey Guys I've owned a 14, 16 and currently have an 18 ecodiesel. All have been pretty decent trucks.

This past weekend I got a P20EE code and I dropped it off at the dealership for them to have a look. The diagnosis is that my scr needs to be replaced. This repair took me by surprise as it's not covered under my warranty, apparently its under the bumper to bumper 60000km, but not the emission warranty. I currently have 79000kms. My quote is for $4200!

I traded my 14 in with 120000kms and my 16 with 110000kms. The 16 had 0 issues except a couple trim pieces that were beige that should have been black. The 14 lost some bolts in the tensioner pretty close to new, so the belt broke and left me stranded. I assume the bolts were not torqued correctly from the factory.

Have anybody you guys had this scr issue?

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Hi, welcome to the forum!
Sounds like you had been fortunate with the ED so far.
Have you had it repaired already? Theres threads around with the same problem and sometimes it was caused by a faulty sensor not reading nox levels properly. But I don't have experience, good luck!

Errmania

Jan 13, 2020
Truck Year
Good News! I called Chrysler Care Centre and they worked with my dealership to cover the parts and a rental vehicle for me. I only paid the labour, $760 is much better than the $4200 I was originally quoted!

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Ok, hopefully your good to roll for quite awhile now! But watch your coolant level!

Errmania

Jan 13, 2020
Truck Year
So far it's been at the same level as it was new. I'm working with my friend to see what kind of deal I can get on a 2020.