• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4 vs 6 inch lift

cdclen

Mar 1, 2018
Truck Year
Thanks for the forum.
I am finally getting around to lifting my 2015 eco-diesel. The dealership tells me not to go higher than 4 inches because more than that will put too much strain on the transfer case. Has anyone heard about this? Thanks for the help

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks for the forum.
I am finally getting around to lifting my 2015 eco-diesel. The dealership tells me not to go higher than 4 inches because more than that will put too much strain on the transfer case. Has anyone heard about this? Thanks for the help

Welcome! Hopefully someone here with more drivetrain experience can help you out.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
+1

6" is pretty drastic without making other driveline modifications in my opinion.

Andyman

Apr 14, 2018
Truck Year
I was told 4” lift max by the dealership or else it may void my warranty. I’m looking to do it but haven’t settled on a brand. Any recommendations?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Any lift or suspension modifications void drivetrain and suspension Warranty if that is what the dealership wants to do.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
I am having this done to 2 EcoDiesel 4x4s as you read this, at the dealer, one is a Laramie 4x4, the other is a Bighorn 4x4, both with 3.92 rear, I have 100,000 mile full coverage warranties on both for security. The dealer guarantees driveline warranty coverage remains intact if they install it before I take delivery. They are using the BDS system on both trucks which also backs their own system as long as I own the truck, this is the company that developed the 4 inch lift for you guys with Air rides. I am confident the 4 inch was the right choice, 6 inch potential problems are suspect in my opinion, having owned 9 different 4 wheel drives, and none ever lifted over 4 inches with zero problems.
We are excited to move into the new 2017 ecods, having traded a 2015 with 33,000 miles on it (avatar image) all outstanding performance miles driven with not a single Cel or problem.
We are going with the 3 inch coils in the rears, with Bilstein adjustable struts on the front to guarantee a level stance, with an air bag system in the rear to keep it level / balanced during tow-haul. Cant wait to get the new trucks.
see here for ref if interested
http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=2&mo=16&ty=99&yr=2013-2018

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
(y) @Ofishl1 I totally forgot the exception of a mopar dealership outfitted and installed lift kit being the only Warranty exception to suspension etc. Good catch

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Well, I would not have done it otherwise...too risky...but I got 1 trucks kit installed for free as part of the trade conditions, there were issues with the level kit THEY installed on the front end of the 2015 when I bought it, 5 trips to the dealer and another new system installed, same banging noise...my conditions were put a proper 4 inch on it..no charge....or make me a deal on 2 trucks..with one kit free...they did it gladly. Plus moving my ARE Z shell, bed kit, AMPs. air bags, Cold air intake and my 285 KO2s to the new truck..they can keep the wrangler SR/As....cant wait...another week and we pickem up.

Last edited:

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Oh..plus they are pulling my 1 month old Bilsteins off the front of the 2015...onto the new....lot of movement in this deal...but I got what I wanted.