• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

90k Mile Now Need a New Engine

freebowhunter

Jan 24, 2021
Truck Year
I have a 2015 81k miles just lost the engine driving flat 65 mph not towing. 41 days out of 5 year warranty. Dealer and FCA are refusing so far to do anything except charge me 14000 for a new motor. This thread is very informative and helpful. Does anyone have anything to add of recent that might help???

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
I have the latest for members that want to preform on EcoDiesel a Regen or do a complete scan or even reprogram a tail light Get the OBDLink MX+ Cost $99 on Amazon. If you have a Android phone download AlfaOBD software Cost $49. I have a iPhone, my next door neighbor had a 2 year old Android he is giving me. Alfa OBD software only runs on Android, not Apple devices.

Special thanks to TC Diesel

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
The dealer is mostly a parts changer they don’t really go into the engine. This is a Gen 3 engine and should have all of the issues corrected including the last two recalls.

Hold96, you said somewhere, you were doing your own oil changes, what brand and weight of oil and how often? TC Diesel told me 5K oil changes on my EcoDiesel were to long, should change at 3K TC I still disagree I use Shell Rotella 5w40 full synthetic

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Texacherokee, You can go longer if the motor on a steady diet of OAs

Free ,sorry to see another one bites the dust and pukes out, Stand you ground 41 days out with 19K miles left may swing in your favor its been done before.