• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A friend has had his eco diesel blow up with less then 50,000 Kilometers.

darryl ball

Aug 3, 2019
Truck Year
He was told by the dealership that there would be no warranty because he could not produce receipts for the oil changes. So if you are mechanically minded and do your own servicing be ware the fine print in the manual states that only FCA approved people can do your maintenance. So a person with minimal training can change your oil at speedy lube but you are not qualified. Any body else run into this?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Sounds like bullsh!t to me, & I think if push came to shove it won't hold water! I wouldn't trust ANY of the oil change places to put the correct oil in, in fact I did the first oil change on mine & the dealership had the o ring on the filter in the WRONG PLACE. If you keep your receipts for oil & the filters you should be fine. I have opted to use only MOPAR filters tho.

John

Nov 13, 2015
That's total BS. Please show me where it states " only FCA approved people can do your maintenance". More fake news.

darryl ball

Aug 3, 2019
Truck Year
That's total BS. Please show me where it states " only FCA approved people can do your maintenance". More fake news.
It is not fake news. If you read the maintenance manual in the front section before the maintenance schedule recording section, you will find it. I read it today.

John

Nov 13, 2015
It's most certainly fake news. Perhaps you misread the manual. The manual actually explains how to properly maintain your vehicle.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Darryl ball do NOT be intimated, And pass this on to your friend ,and If your friend joins this site, He will benefit, Otherwise he his welcome to call Me I will try and help, I have been successful with many in the directing how to pursue Fiat..

If you own VM3.0 you need to document everything, (Just another reason because of VM QC not to own or buy Products made by VM Motori)

FCA will Honor records kept here https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks/en-us.html register and record ALL LOF and services.

If you own 3.0VM it in your best interest to keep records ABOVE the NORM

Ram_record_Mopar.JPG

Attachments

• 15 RAM 1500-180512 (002).pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 8

ICF Guy

Aug 8, 2018
Truck Year
He was told by the dealership that there would be no warranty because he could not produce receipts for the oil changes. So if you are mechanically minded and do your own servicing be ware the fine print in the manual states that only FCA approved people can do your maintenance. So a person with minimal training can change your oil at speedy lube but you are not qualified. Any body else run into this?
Yes. They don’t require an FCA approved person to do the maintenance, only that you have invoices from a automotive service establishment. The dealer first refused to warranty my blown engine because I didn’t have invoices. I did have accurate records for all maintenance performed (I do most of my own maintenance), so I provided them to a friend who owned a repair shop, and he made up invoices for all the oil & filter changes, using the dates & mileage on my records. Problem solved!

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Yes. They don’t require an FCA approved person to do the maintenance, only that you have invoices from a automotive service establishment. The dealer first refused to warranty my blown engine because I didn’t have invoices. I did have accurate records for all maintenance performed (I do most of my own maintenance), so I provided them to a friend who owned a repair shop, and he made up invoices for all the oil & filter changes, using the dates & mileage on my records. Problem solved!
I'm not sure that is completely legal either, I have been working on cars, trucks, diesel locomotives, power gensets, lawnmowers, you name it, I don't trust ANYONE to do my oil changes, example give , a guy I talked to took his Ford 6.0 liter powerstroke in to one of those oil change places and they were gonna put the wrong oil in it, don't remember what the oil was, but it was for a gasoline engine, complete BULLSHIT to require that.

UKDodgy Dave

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
It is not fake news. If you read the maintenance manual in the front section before the maintenance schedule recording section, you will find it. I read it today.
Easy really ... just take a photo of said book and post it on here

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Here's what the manual for my 17 says about maintenance:
9. Maintenance
9.1 General Information
It’s your responsibility to properly maintain and operate
your new vehicle. Follow the instructions contained in
the General and Scheduled Maintenance Service guidelines
in your Owner’s Manual. Regular, scheduled maintenance
is essential to trouble-free operation. If there is a
dispute between you and FCA US concerning your
maintenance of your vehicle, FCA US will require you to
provide proof that your vehicle was properly maintained.
For your convenience, FCA US has prepared a Maintenance
Log which is included in your Owner’s Manual.
You should use this Maintenance Log to keep track of
scheduled maintenance, either by routinely having the
repairs entered in your Maintenance Log, or by keeping
receipts or other documentation of work you’ve had
done on your vehicle in your Maintenance Log.
9.2 Where To Go For Maintenance
FCA US recommends that you return to the dealer from
whom you bought your vehicle for all maintenance
service both during and after the warranty periods.
Although you can get warranty service from any dealer
who sells your particular make, returning to your selling
dealer will help ensure that all your service needs are met
and that you’re completely satisfied. The dealership
technicians are specifically trained to proficiently perform
maintenance and repair procedures on your vehicle.
Authorized Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Ram dealers will
help ensure that all your service needs are met and that
you’re completely satisfied. FCA US strongly recommends
you use genuine FCA US/MOPAR parts to
maintain your vehicle.
NOW SHOW ME WHERE IT STATES THAT ONLY "FCA APPROVED PEOPLE CAN DO THIS"!

Last edited: