• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Accidentally filled with gas

Cbelt

May 3, 2022
Truck Year
I unknowingly put a half a tank of gasoline in my 2020 eco diesel. Half diesel half gas. Took it to the dealer and explained that I thought that I bought bad gas. The truck ran fine. It was just hard to start. They said to just drive out the bad gas. After about 150 miles of driving and the starting problems getting worse. I left it at the dealer for diagnosis. They informed me that it was filled with gasoline instead of diesel. They Wanted to replace everything for about $5000.00 dollars. I told them to drain the gas and refill with proper fuel. They did, and it has ran fine since. Does anyone know if I could have actually caused major damage?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Just shorten the life expectancy of Injectors and pump...how much less is just a guess.

Corsair/Breeze Mike

Jun 1, 2022
Truck Year
I unknowingly put a half a tank of gasoline in my 2020 eco diesel. Half diesel half gas. Took it to the dealer and explained that I thought that I bought bad gas. The truck ran fine. It was just hard to start. They said to just drive out the bad gas. After about 150 miles of driving and the starting problems getting worse. I left it at the dealer for diagnosis. They informed me that it was filled with gasoline instead of diesel. They Wanted to replace everything for about $5000.00 dollars. I told them to drain the gas and refill with proper fuel. They did, and it has ran fine since. Does anyone know if I could have actually caused major damage?
My sweetie put gas in our

Corsair/Breeze Mike

Jun 1, 2022
Truck Year
Let me continue. Our 2016 ecodiesel. I had to drive 45 more miles to get home. That's where I drilled a 3/16 hole in the bottom of the tank and drain the mixed fuel. The tank is made of really good thick rubber so it made revealing the hole easy. I took a roofing screw, the kind with a rubber gasket on it and screwed it in, hole sealed and has never leaked. Refilled w diesel. Truck has run fine now these last 4 1/2 yes. Burned the mixed fuel in my 350ci gasoline truck a little at a time so I didn't even waste the fuel, burned it no problem. Hope this helps. G-Day

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Next time, if a next time, add ashless 2-stroke oil to the mix, if none add regular 30w cheap dino oil. as the tank goes down keep refilling with diesel.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Add HOTSHOTS EVERYDAY DIESEL TO EVERY tank to hopefully extend the life, 1 or 2 ounces ain't bad, I also add an additional 2 ounces of LX4 about every third fillup, also from HOTSHOTS.