• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Adding 12V power outlet to truck bed

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2018 Laramie ED and want to add a 12 volt power outlet to the box. I want to carry one of the newer 12V fridges in box when camping. Was thinking of running wire from battery but was looking for suggestions from ones that might have done this already. The truck has led lights on each side and the factory 4way and 7 way trailer outlets. Thanks much.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
For a fridge you want a strong 12v supply fused for Fridge's requirement. Without running a new lead from the battery the trailer jarness 12v charging lead is the strongest and constantly hot. If you do not want to hardwire or tap into that lead Curt makes an excellent adapter.
Curt Trailer Plug Adapter

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
John, Thanks for the link I will check it out. I should have mentioned this is the Alpicool LGCF 45 Fridge. It has a LG compressor that draws 45 watts which is about 3.75 amps. I use it in my cargo trailer toy hauler when camping and then put it in truck when traveling.

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
I might add that I have thought of using the 4 pin connector to draw power from when traveling. I think I could use that even when I have the trailer connected to the 7 pin connector.

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
Just thought I would say that I did use the 4 pin connector to get a outlet in bed of truck. I will mainly use it to run my Alpicool Fridge, which I might say so far seems great and uses very little juice. I will mount a cig lighter adapter along with a volt meter and also a usb connector in a small box. I just used the white wire (ground) and brown wire (running lights) . So it will only run when the truck is running and lights are on so I wont run the battery down. Think it should work great. Thanks for input from members,

wsonnenb

Feb 23, 2021
Truck Year
Pollak makes a 7-pin adapter that powers a cigarette style power point. $6.99 on ebay. Works with our 45L compressor fridge. Alpicool has a free app to monitor and control the fridge remotely by blue tooth from your phone.