• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Advice on what to do

Adamdj89

Nov 18, 2021
Truck Year
Hi All
This may be a long thread
I have posted in this forum a bit and found it to be extremely helpful. For those who know I live on an Island and have a Canadian Ram 1500 Eco D...a few months ago I was doing a lot of short drives back and forth to work. No regen messages popped up. Then suddenly one day leaving work the 100% DPF Filter full see dealer came up on dash. Drove home and parked truck..2 days later drove truck to dealer so overall about 8 miles driven with 100% full msg. DEALER said truck need 3 sensors NOx Catalytic Temp sensor and 02 sensor. Replaced 2 of 3 (02 and NOx) due to delay in shipping of Cat Temp. Mechanic did a stationary regen...driving truck a few days after, Service Electronic Throttle Control came up and truck does not do above 40mph...Mechanic changed Cat Temp sensor but did not have the proper scan to clear code....not driving truck now..has less than 40k miles.....what would be the best thing for me to do right now? Did I damage something driving driving the 8 miles with 100% filter full msg? How do I fix the ETC issue...bought 4 tired for 2k and cannot drive the truck to tire shop to install...feel so defeated and discouraged right now....just wanting to see what I can find out from here.

One more thing..would a DPF delete solve my issues with all these sensor fails?

Thanks in advance for any advice

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
First< buy ALFAOBD and an MX BLUTOOTH DONGLE, your 2018 will also require a security "key" cable to communicat with your truck, ALFA is available for android or windows, I installed mine on a KINDLE FIRE that I replaced. ALFA should hopefully let you do a stationary regen, it will also allow you to clear codes. I would seriously consider something like an EDGE INSIGHT, EITHER A 2 OR 3, they will allow you to monitor exaust temps and regen status etc. AND A CRAPLOAD OF OTHER STUFF, you'll wonderr how you got by without it. The choic of the 2 or 3comes down toone thing essentially, the 2 carrier the ability to start a manual regen, but the 3 offers more PIDS & SCREEN LAYOUTS. I would tune & delete if in your shoes and in CANADA.

Adamdj89

Nov 18, 2021
Truck Year
CAVEMANN thanks for the tips. Really appreciate it ...I live on an Island, Cayman Islands to be exact..things are difficult to get here but I can see about ordering the scan tools... I have a delete kit...just need to get it installed and tuned.

Thanks again we helpful

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
CAVEMANN thanks for the tips. Really appreciate it ...I live on an Island, Cayman Islands to be exact..things are difficult to get here but I can see about ordering the scan tools... I have a delete kit...just need to get it installed and tuned.

Thanks again we helpful
Awesome. Who is the governing country there?