• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

After recall for AEM and now bolts rusted causing $9000.00 for DEF aystem melted

Reneeaa11

Jul 31, 2023
Truck Year
Screenshot_20230731-232730_Gmail.jpg
Only have 121,000 miles and drove 76,000 miles since update for AEM recall. The extended warranty expired 1500 miles ago. Anyone else have a problem since the recall ( settlement?) This is BS and in my opinion poor design. Had no warning of issues and now I screwed? I will report this to every agency. Anyone know about this?
The dealer sent me bill and I had to call, beg to talk to technician. Never called but they did email the above " notes." Then after several more attempts to speak to someone instead I received a email saying techs dont come to phone. I requested in writing a detailed report and this is it.Screenshot_20230731-234344_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230731-232730_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230731-232730_Gmail.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 2

Older Slower Wiser

Dec 10, 2016
Truck Year
Yep had same problem driving from Texas back to Illinois. 2015 Ram Big Horn ecodiesel. Got warning saying engine would not restart in 250 miles take to dealer. Exhaust flange studs broke, exhaust gasses melted top of DEF injector and wiring. Was stuck in the middle of nowhere Arkansas 400 miles from home for six days because dealer could not get parts.

So now it looks like RAM can shut off your truck, force you to take truck to dealership for parts only a dealer can get, charge far to much for labor then double the amount of time it takes to replace parts (six hours instead of two or three). I did some of the work myself so know most of what was involved.

This was supposed to be my retirement truck. Guess I made a very bad retirement decision.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yep had same problem driving from Texas back to Illinois. 2015 Ram Big Horn ecodiesel. Got warning saying engine would not restart in 250 miles take to dealer. Exhaust flange studs broke, exhaust gasses melted top of DEF injector and wiring. Was stuck in the middle of nowhere Arkansas 400 miles from home for six days because dealer could not get parts.

So now it looks like RAM can shut off your truck, force you to take truck to dealership for parts only a dealer can get, charge far to much for labor then double the amount of time it takes to replace parts (six hours instead of two or three). I did some of the work myself so know most of what was involved.

This was supposed to be my retirement truck. Guess I made a very bad retirement decision.
Huh?